Firewall Pass through connector pinout | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Firewall Pass through connector pinout

n0xdw

Reaction score
City, State
Akron Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
85 Bronco II
Does anyone here have a pinout diagram of the pass through connector used on the 88-90 B2s and the 90-94 or so Xploders? I am getting ready to install a "new" pass through to replace the grommet feed through on the 85 B2 Project. I would sort of like to put the common circuits where they would have been from the factory but have been unable to find a pin out showing the holes and the function of the wires and color codes.

<

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
sorry all I have is 86 BII, 90 Aerostar and 93 Explorer, hahaha

I can scan these and send them to you possibly (11x17 on a 8x11 scanner)
I would reccomend however you map out the truck and map out your wiring harness, this is the ONLY way to make 100% sure you have it correct as Ford made slight changes in all years and the books may only get you 80% there, and if you do it by the book and its wrong, well back tracing is a PITA compared to making a map the first time around.

<

n0xdw

Reaction score
City, State
Akron Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
85 Bronco II
Since it did not even have a pass through connector, any guidance will be closer. Scans would be appreciated! 93 Explorer will probably be close, or at least closer.

<

n0xdw

Reaction score
City, State
Akron Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
85 Bronco II
Just an update...

Connector number is C147 on Exploders, and C105 on Rangers. I do not think a pin out exists. I have looked in 93, 94 Ranger and Explorer EVTMs and a fella at the Sterling Ford shop looked in the ones for 91, he could not find it either. It would be helpful to know :confused:
Still searching, I did find others looking for the same info on a Ranger board.

<