First car. Ford explorer 2002, XLT V6 4.0 SOHC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First car. Ford explorer 2002, XLT V6 4.0 SOHC

Freddie A Riojas

Reaction score
City, State
Fresno
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002, Explorer, XLT V6
Callsign
Dad's House
Hello just bought my first car and glad it's Ford, had 261,000 miles on it , got it for $1,200 tagged running but it didn't pass smog so I had to fix the EGR , then last year on December I took it to the shop for a tune up , motor craft Sparks , new wires , oil, coolant , fuel filter , air filter ,
Early January the car would turn on but shut off after 3 seconds or didn't want to start turns out it was the mass air flow sensor. The SUV in parked and not moving it would shut. Down this was rare but I hope that mass air flow sensor was the issue so far drives good and doesn't shut off. Any recommendations on term's or replacing parts to get it to near good condition long term driving (hopefully) would like a timeline for multiple replacements or even upgrades. Please note I'm a DJ and I put all my DJ equipment in the explorer,

IMG_20190917_210122_684.jpg

IMG_20200113_055739_220.jpg

IMG_20200113_055350_889.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome

Welcome Freddie.

Welcome, from a fellow 2002 owner. I joined a few years earlier though ;)

Back