First Flex Shots and 1 Random Shot | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First Flex Shots and 1 Random Shot

9XLT3Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
jacksonville,florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4x4
Well here is my trucks first flex shot.Its not much and didnt get it up on that big of an incline.Truck has shackles and spacers.And the last pic is of my children.The bigger one is Kalista and the medium size one is Katelynn.

Not to many places here to try and get a decent flex shot at.Will try and see if i can find another incline to get on.Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• flex1.jpg
    flex1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 342
  • flex2.jpg
    flex2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 338
  • flex3.jpg
    flex3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 340
  • kids1.jpg
    kids1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 323

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

clean looking truck,

very clean looking!

4x4hauler said:
very clean looking!
Thanks to the both of you for the compliments.It has some scratches here and there.Other than that its in decent condition.One day ill re-paint it.

how much is it lifted and size tires?

metstalker said:
how much is it lifted and size tires?
The lift i havent measured yet but im guessing it may be 2 inches.And the size tires are i belive stock.The numbers on them are 225/75/r15.I wanted to get 31's but at the time i was going to get them it was lifted yet and the guy kept saying that the tires i wanted to get wouldnt fit.They were in a tire rim combo with the rims i have on there now.So i just got the rim.

31 x 10.5-15's will fit fine on a stock Gen 1 or Gen 2 Explorer with no lift. You might have a touch of rub on the swaybar at full lock, but that's it. I've got 'em on my '94 right now on the stock rims.

Most of the "experts" you find in tire places or chain auto stores are experts in their own minds...you'll most likely get better information here if the right people answer your posts.

9XLT3Explorer said:
The lift i havent measured yet but im guessing it may be 2 inches.
Are you SURE it's lifted some? I had 2" of lift on mine w/ 235/75r15s (stock tire size, so your tires are actually smaller than stock) and they looked TINY! 225s under yours with a 2" lift would definitely look tiny. I personally think you're still at stock height from the pics I've seen. BTW, truck looks good. :thumbsup:

bmxking5 said:
Are you SURE it's lifted some? I had 2" of lift on mine w/ 235/75r15s (stock tire size, so your tires are actually smaller than stock) and they looked TINY! 225s under yours with a 2" lift would definitely look tiny. I personally think you're still at stock height from the pics I've seen. BTW, truck looks good. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the compliments.I added spacers and shackles to the truck.I was thinking before i got the spacers put on that they were sagging.So maybe after the spacers it might have put it back to stock height im not sure.Would new coils bring it up some and give it that lifted look since it looks stock?

I had the Skyjacker 2" lift. I think it looked great. It came with an AAL in the rear and all new coils up front. It sat just right with 31" Mud Rovers. For street only, I could have run 32s, but even the 31s would hit the inner fender (back of the inner fender is trimmed) when it was fully stuffed (w/ sway bar disconnected). The back tires were fine.

bmxking5 said:
I had the Skyjacker 2" lift. I think it looked great. It came with an AAL in the rear and all new coils up front. It sat just right with 31" Mud Rovers. For street only, I could have run 32s, but even the 31s would hit the inner fender (back of the inner fender is trimmed) when it was fully stuffed (w/ sway bar disconnected). The back tires were fine.

Im looking into getting new coils from rock auto.They have both for $60.Then later on ill possibly get another sort of lift so i can go bigger.

Also if the spacers and shackles just lifted it back to stock height then ill say this about it its alot bigger than what it use to be.I mean even my wife noticed the diffrence getting in and out of it.And she rarely notices things when i do them.

Back