First Gen Gauge Pods

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
Hey, has anybody modified an existing gauge pod or gotten a custom-made A-piller pod for a first gen? I need one for.. something ;) If so, how'd you modify it/where did you get it made? Or would anybody be able to make me one? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A lil' sum sum, Eh. You didn't happen to buy that BBK SC that was up for sale......

Nope, he sold it on another board. A new one was on eBay, but the seller ended the auction early, I'm still trying with him.

I can't prove it, but someone told me the f-150 guage pods would work in my 89 ranger if I heated them some with a blow dryer. I think the first gen X is very similar to the 2nd gen ranger.

I just crammed on one for a Gen-2 from Summit Racing $21. I have my tranny temp guage and cooler fan switch in it.

It's not perfect, but not that bad either. I suppose you'd like a picture?

A pic would be great, thanks! For some odd reason I didn't get a notification about replies..

I just ordered Autometer Phantom A/F and boost gauges. $85 for the pair ;) Now all I need is the supercharger!

Yeah, I know the paint doesn't match. I'm still looking for a can of 'faded gray plastic' paint

Attachments

• DSCN2461.JPG
    DSCN2461.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 281

That's not bad at all. I'll look into that.

dosent match? .... its close enough

metstalker said:
dosent match? .... its close enough

LoL compare the pillar to the other plastic....

Just ordered an Autometer Ranger pod. I ran a search and someone said they bought one for their first gen and had to do no trimming. I don't mind trimming, all that matters is it's functional. Did you paint yours? Where'd you get the OEM paint?

It came black. That isn't OEM paint.

First I tried Duplicolor vinyl paint but it was too brown. What you see there is model paint I had in the drawer but it's too blue. I might go to a hobby shop and see if I can find something closer.

Damn... I had a dual guage pod on the A-pillar of my '94 and found a gray spray paint somewhere that matched perfectly. But that was probably 3 years ago. I think it was at K-mart.

Auto body stores have trim paint for plastic parts... should be able to match pretty closely.

That pod looks good. I think I know where a trans temp guage will go when I get one.

B94Sport said:
Damn... I had a dual guage pod on the A-pillar of my '94 and found a gray spray paint somewhere that matched perfectly. But that was probably 3 years ago. I think it was at K-mart.
You're the one that said the Ranger fit. 15308 I believe is the number. So no modifications were required? I can probably track down some paint, or I can leave it black. It's not a big deal.

I just went through the process on the summit racing website. first guages and accessories, then guage pods, then dual guage pods, then explorer. It did not give me an option for the years, but it came up with the ATM-15308 (autometer) for the ranger. If that means anything, it should fit pretty close.

huskyfan23 said:
You're the one that said the Ranger fit. 15308 I believe is the number. So no modifications were required? I can probably track down some paint, or I can leave it black. It's not a big deal.
Yep, it fit... I used to have a pic of it somewhere. I could take another, since I just gave the Ex to my younger brother, but I've misplaced my digital camera. :mad:

EDIT: Found the pic:
pod.jpg

Sweet! That's the one I ordered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back