First Impressions Video of 2013 Ford Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First Impressions Video of 2013 Ford Explorer Sport

jemcgrew

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Hi Everyone,

Thought with all the enthusiasts here that you would appreciate this Real First Impressions Video on the 2013 Ford Explorer Sport. The EcoBoost is quite something, especially when you get torque steer out of the Intelligent Four-Wheel Drive system.

Hope some of you enjoy taking another look at the Sport. My favorite part on the outside is the Sport lettering etched into the 20" machined wheels.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLdH8Y1vrPk

Jonathan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sorry but that movie is a .: very :. poor attempt at someone trying to be a car reviewer. I watched the first 3 minutes of it and just ended up closing it.

I made it to 2:32 although I think the reviewer has potential.

You have a nice voice and a horrible microphone. Get a mic that will deepen and color up your tone. The scrolling text in the beginning is bad. Speed it up. You could easily make the 2 minutes I watched into 1 minute by talking a little quicker. Don't sprint, but don't talk soooo sloooow. You had one photo up for way to long! Give us more.
Pan the photos around. Watch a review video from the guys at theverge.com and you will see beautiful videography and voice skills. I bet you can do it.

from a guy who does this stuff

Video Shortcomings

I managed to watch the entire thing but was a little frustrated by the fact that what was being talked about in most cases wasn't being shown on the screen. A case in point was when the talk was about having to step out of the vehicle. It was mentioned that you had to sort of reach out with your foot because of the wider sill. A shot of that would have gone a long way to showing what was meant.
If I was in the market for this vehicle, this preview would have been highly inadequate in getting my interest up. It would have to have been far more detailed as far as actually showing various aspects of the Sport.

Peter

I think folks should be reminded that the Sport is based on the XLT model not the Limited. Because of this, many of the high tech goodies found on the Limited 302A package are not available on the Sport. Personally, I feel the interior of the Limited looks more up scale because of the “wood” trim vs. the silver. In addition, remember that black plastic on the exterior has historically been associated with “stripper” models, IE the black plastic grilles on the police Crown Vics. Opinions will vary.

I think folks should be reminded that the Sport is based on the XLT model not the Limited. Because of this, many of the high tech goodies found on the Limited 302A package are not available on the Sport. Personally, I feel the interior of the Limited looks more up scale because of the “wood” trim vs. the silver. In addition, remember that black plastic on the exterior has historically been associated with “stripper” models, IE the black plastic grilles on the police Crown Vics. Opinions will vary.

I wish this was the old school LX version. :) Give me the biggest engine with the least amount of extra crap so it is lighter and goes faster. I don't mind the sunroof, adaptive cruise, power everything, etc... on my sport but would have been just fine with a base XLT and a 3.5 Ecoboost motor.

Wow, this is the first I have heard the opinion that the Limited interior is more upscale etc. This concerns me as I have asked this question of numerous people and the answer I get is that they are the same. I agree with you on the wood trim versus the silver if that is the case. I can live without the tech options excluded from the Sport (i.e. Park Assist, Power 3rd Row etc.). But, I like a luxury interior . . . feedback on this forum has been that the Sport has just as much a luxury interior . . . I have both vehicles on order and an somewhat conflicted (again) . . . Question: Is there any difference between the quality and look of the charcoal black leather and/or seating design in the Limited versus sport? If so, what is the difference? is it negligible? I like the look of the sport in all other aspects.

Wow, this is the first I have heard the opinion that the Limited interior is more upscale etc. This concerns me as I have asked this question of numerous people and the answer I get is that they are the same. I agree with you on the wood trim versus the silver if that is the case. I can live without the tech options excluded from the Sport (i.e. Park Assist, Power 3rd Row etc.). But, I like a luxury interior . . . feedback on this forum has been that the Sport has just as much a luxury interior . . . I have both vehicles on order and an somewhat conflicted (again) . . . Question: Is there any difference between the quality and look of the charcoal black leather and/or seating design in the Limited versus sport? If so, what is the difference? is it negligible? I like the look of the sport in all other aspects.

There is no difference in quality. Ooooh. Power folding 3rd row! How many times will you really need to use that?

This is a SPORT. The silver trim looks badass. The wood would not fit aesthetically.

Thank you for the feedback

Hi Everyone,

I do appreciate both the positive and negative feedback. This is something new to me as I started as a writer in the industry, but have been working to expand into other areas. As such this is a labor of passion and isn't backed by a large entity which limits our capabilities.

That said, the Real Auto Reports videos are in process of going through a phase II redesign now that we have been gathering opinions for 6 months. There will be a more detailed video coming out about the Explorer Sport, but you all have given me some good ideas of what Enthusiasts such as yourself would look for.

Much appreciated.

Jonathan

Hi Everyone,

I do appreciate both the positive and negative feedback. This is something new to me as I started as a writer in the industry, but have been working to expand into other areas. As such this is a labor of passion and isn't backed by a large entity which limits our capabilities.

That said, the Real Auto Reports videos are in process of going through a phase II redesign now that we have been gathering opinions for 6 months. There will be a more detailed video coming out about the Explorer Sport, but you all have given me some good ideas of what Enthusiasts such as yourself would look for.

Much appreciated.

Jonathan

I am not as knowledgeable about cars as many of the forum members and as a novice I thought it was one of the best vids I gave seen on the Sport

Hi Everyone,

Much appreciated.

Jonathan

I would think that doing something different would be better than mainstream. Everyone knows the specs and features as there are lots of reviews about those features. Show the sport doing 0-60 runs or at a 1/4 mile track. Or blasting down some dirt road to show how smooth it is off-road. I would rather see that than some dude talking about the heated seats or paddle shifters. :)

Back