Raminator157

Mopar Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Essex Jct Vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ram 1500
Lets get the ball rolling for another wheeling/camping trip. We tried one in bridewater before but it never happened. Suggestions? I know the foliage season in Vermont is great. this can also let all teh member discuss club stuff & suggestions. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My X is under the knife (in a good way) and won't be trail ready before Oct (backordered parts)...

ok....i can't come the 23rd/24th....i have company and will be at Kita's... Anyone up for Columbus Day weekend? Optional 3rd day! :)

Wassup, homies? How is Columbus Day weekend looking for everyone? Any word on your springs, John? Anyone already have plans that weekend? Like I said before, the weekend of Oct. 23rd and 24th won't work for me as I have company then.

What works for who? Let's try and keep it within leafpeeper season (before the end of october!); you won't regret it!

I'm still waiting on my springs to arrive. I have finished installing my CB (SWR not yet dialed in). The spring ball mount turned out to be a pita... I like the look, but it has a few things I don't like...You have to externally gound it and you need to cut the coax and covert the center and ground to Lug connections. The worst part was I couldn't get the threaded shaft through the body tight enough... It was a comedy of trial and error... I was driving on the highway and the force of the wind @ 65mph pushing against the antenna loosened up the threaded shaft and caused the ball to "free spin". I ended up dragging the antenna on the ground for a bit until I could pull over and tie it up... The next day I put on loctite and really torqued the nut down. I made it to work fine, but on the way home hit a few low branches @ 5mph. A few miles of highway driving and bam...I dragging the frigging antenna again... So yesterday I picked up some epoxy and glued the thing in...I made it to work and back without any problems :)

So Issac did you get your spark plug situation under control, or will you be wheeling the Altima?

it's more than a spark plug problem...i need to cut away my cv boot and inspect the cv joint this week.not till the cv joint is solid and sealed can i drive it to have the spark plug issue fixed. under the advidement of Kita's dad, who is very competent and experienced in auto mechanics, i'm going to take it to a shop to have a helicoil put in due to both the precise angle and the difficult position of the hole; underneath all the A/C junk. once that is done, it'll be road-worthy, but i'll still need to tear apart the front ends a bit more again to install bearings and upper control arms, and i still haven't replaced the front shocks. Gotta call an OME dealer soon.

Maybe since you'll have the trail boss, I should just ride with you! ;)

PS: Since i obviously won't be pulling anymore stumps soon, i'll be by soon to give you back your cables and chains. unfortunately a lot of your duct tape got sheared back....

izackary said:
PS: Since i obviously won't be pulling anymore stumps soon, i'll be by soon to give you back your cables and chains. unfortunately a lot of your duct tape got sheared back....

No problem with the cables as thats what there for (to be used).. Last I checked I wasn't going to enter them in a beauty show... I did pick up a tow strap the other day 30' long 40,000lbs break strength... I have a 10 Ton clevis so it can be attached easily to the cable. (However I think i need some new cable thimbles)

That's probably a wise choice on the helicoil as it is something you don't want to screw up... By the rate I'm going my X will still be on blocks by our next run and I'll be on foot...

I'd love to go on the camping trip, but my schedule at work is going to be kinda crazy for the next few months. I could do one day of wheeling, but not a weekend of camping. I really don't wanna do VT, just a bit far away for me.

Finally found why my Skyjacker springs are taking soooo long to arrive (They have been backordered since July) I found out yesterday the reason they are BO is because Skyjacker STOPPED making them! Now I have to figure out some rear leaf spring choices (Deaver, national or something else). I don't really know as I haven't reseached it too much yet...

I told ike earlier on the phone, but I'm going to be at Notre Dame (Indiana) visiting my sister on the 8th-9th-10th of October so I can't go that weekend. We're probably not going to find a weekend where everyone can be there, so I understand if the rest of you decide to go up then...

i thought notre dame is in NH. :p

Hmmm.... Oct. 30th-31st? It might be a little cold but I'm sure Aaron could rig something up to keep us warm... I'm just spitting out a weekend because well, I wanna go damnit! :cool:

Yes, I wanna go damnit, too! :D Unfortunately, Aaron has told me he's working every weekend this month. I know Fred works Saturdays. Scott is too busy with school and is also working every weekend. John may possibly be able to come, but is battling rust as well as waiting for rear springs, and could possibly be on jackstands. My truck will likely still be outta commission a while longer. So far it looks like wheeling will be off. However that only means a little more hiking; we can still camp. Though at this time of year, I'd suggest dressing in layers and packing a warm sleeping bag! We'll be sheltered, but it's not insulated.

let's hope so! so far tim's idea of the end of october seems best. my truck is apart right now and next weekend (the weekend the pats play the jets, not this coming week when they play the seahawks) I'm having a guest come with me to Kita's for the weekend. Maybe we don't need to wheel. Maybe it could just be a meet where we come down here for dinner to watch the sox pound on the yankees again. Matt, see if you can get a night off so you can come down here and stay the night. Try and make it a night the sox play, if you can. :D Otherwise, the very end of the month should work for me. (I could camp in November....I just don't know if you flatlanders can handle it. ;))

My rig is slightly more road worthy than Isaac's at the moment. I have the entire trim & carpet removed (except the dash), no headliner, center console, and only the driver's seat. On the positive side my leaky windshield has been 100% fixed (will post in new thread) and my springs are being shipped this week :)

DeRocha said:
My rig is slightly more road worthy than Isaac's at the moment. I have the entire trim & carpet removed (except the dash), no headliner, center console, and only the driver's seat. On the positive side my leaky windshield has been 100% fixed (will post in new thread) and my springs are being shipped this week :)
let me know when you're ready to install everything. if i'm not wasting time on my own problems, i'll swing by and work with you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back