• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

First Post! -- Again!!!

BackBone

Reaction score
City, State
Redlands, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mercury Mountaineer
Hey all! This site is awesome! I found this site when I first received my 97 Mercury Mountaineer about 4 years ago. I posted under the username of "StuckMounty." Guess why I picked that name??? -- Bad fuel pump!:roll: But I was able to search the site and find info on replacing the fuel pump without dropping the tank! How cool is that???:thumbsup:

Anyways, I am back under a new username: "BackBone" -- I am a returning trombonist...

I will hopefully start a registry as I am now really itching to do some mods. I have already completed the TT, and Autzone Shackles. Have plans for my own custom intake, BL, 33's, Double Cardon, and who knows..:D

I'm a do-it-yourself kinda guy.

I replaced the transmission and transfer case, water pump, alternator, fuel pump myself (with help on the tranny cause its heavy!)

Now it looks like I am going to be dealing with a bad freeze plug. No worries. I plan on keeping this puppy alive as long as I possibly can!!

BTW, did I mention that I received it with 166K on the clock and now have over 240K?? Still runs like a champ. Just gotta pay close attention to maintenance!

Anyway, I am glad this site exists. i plan to become an Elite member soon.

Keith

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
Welcome to this forum! According to the rules on this site, you could only use one screen name. Why did you make a second account with a new name? Did you forget the password on the first account? If so, then send Rick a PM or an email. I'm sure that he could reset it for you, and close this account.

BackBone

Reaction score
City, State
Redlands, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mercury Mountaineer
Did I forget?... um... I can't remember!

Yup!

PM Rick? Will do then I will be able to delete this account.

That was years ago I think though. You think it is still active?

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

BackBone

Reaction score
City, State
Redlands, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mercury Mountaineer
Did you send Rick a PM?

Yes. We just got rid of StuckMounty and now once and for all, I am BackBone!

Just found out today that I have four leaking freeze plugs and one of them is at the back of the motor.. fun.. Is there a freeze plug in the cylinder head at the back?

Anway, at 240K+ miles on the clock, I am going to put some all liquid stop leak in it and drive it until I can save up for an alternative plan...