first project...(sliders) | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

first project...(sliders)

MARTY196

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque,New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
okay now this is my first steel project for the x so don't laugh :D

i decided to build some slider for the x (ya i know whup de do. big deal sliders) any way this is where its at the first day of building. only had a few hour before going to work.

i decided i'm gonna make them the receiver style and have two different setting so when i'm not wheeling in can extend them out a little to function more like a step then when i wheel the will slide in a little more closer to the body. (think any problems with that)

here is the start http://community.webshots.com/user/marty1973

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
LOL..... j/k man I think they look good :D

<

cdsl227

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT
I kinda like that retractable idea...hmmm...

What are you using in terms of guage?

Will they rattle is the question.

Sounds like another addition to my X-Armor!! :D

<

<

MARTY196

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque,New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
for the siders i'm using 2"x4"X 1/8" thick metel then for the braces to the frame using 2"x2" x 1/8" with 1/4"x 4" strap metel to the frame.

i hope that will be good enough.

as far a rattling i don' think so cause they will have 2 bolts in the receiver area holding them still. but i guess i'll see.

<

hvac man

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
Well I hope you have them done by wed. :) Moab is one of the best testing grounds you can get ;)

<