First time home buyer, what do you think. | Page 5 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

First time home buyer, what do you think.

Skunk

2/1974-4/2015 RIP
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Freeland, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 SAS X, 94 3000GT VR-4
Well we finally got moved into our home as well, lots of work.... were replacing all the plumbing, electrical and heating. good luck with the new house and ofcourse moving... which I hated.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok89

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
College Station, TX (school) / Houston, TX (Home)
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Wrangler X
Why is it always wet in that one spot in the drive way?

Skunk

2/1974-4/2015 RIP
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Freeland, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 SAS X, 94 3000GT VR-4
Originally posted by ok89
Why is it always wet in that one spot in the drive way?

low spot.... i guess

JoshC

Only rolled it once honey
Reaction score
City, State
Culloden, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4d OHV
Yeah, stupid low spot, i don't know what i'm going to do with it, live with it i guess. Any one know of something i can do that isn't going to cost a fortune?

Happy trails!!

Jason_25

Elite Explorer<br>ECX Member
Reaction score
City, State
New Bern, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Explorer "Expedition"
Yep, break out that level and start pouring cement in the low spot.

JoshC

Reaction score
City, State
Culloden, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4d OHV
Yeah, i thought about that, but how well would that hold up. Seems like it wouldn't have much to grip to and it would kind of be loose and crack easy like that, but that is a thought Jason.

Happy trails!!

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Look fantastic with the new door and a little up keep. For the driveway maybe you can just tear up the low spot put down some sand or dirt or whatever to level it out a bit then poor the concrete? Again good luck and enjoy you lucky dog.:D

Skunk

2/1974-4/2015 RIP
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Freeland, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 SAS X, 94 3000GT VR-4
Originally posted by Jot017
Yeah, stupid low spot, i don't know what i'm going to do with it, live with it i guess. Any one know of something i can do that isn't going to cost a fortune?

Happy trails!!

I hear jeeps are good fillers for that kind of problem... dig it up, through a jeep in there,.... and fill it back in.... problem fixed!!!!!!

88vert

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
clinton,iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 unlimited

rpenner54

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Merc
Use asphalt. Its cheaper and you can replace most of your driveway with it if you need to.

That little side "shack" thing on the side of the garage is begging to be made into a second stall for your garage isn't it? :) Tear it out and extend your roofline on the garage enough to stick another stall in there. Then you will have a nice shop! :)

texplor93

Reaction score
City, State
sacramento,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93XLT
its sounds pretty cheap, where i live a nice house in a good neighborhood will cost you 250,000- 400,000 in a bad neighborhood you still wont find one for less then 125,000. its all about where you live. i was talking to a sales rep from florida and he said you can get a mansion on a chunk of land for what you pay here in california, anyways i wish houses were that cheap here because i would be in one right now.......

JoshC

Reaction score
City, State
Culloden, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4d OHV
One of the few benefits of WV poor or slow economy i guess is a cheap home, price that is.

Ryan, how awesome would that be to do that, but funds won't allow that this year. Next year i will put new siding or just replace the wood on the whole garage. I'd like to do what you are talking about but that's pushing!

Chris, that low spot is about the same size as a Jeep so that might work! I'll have to keep that i mind.

Happy trails!!

JoshC

Reaction score
City, State
Culloden, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4d OHV
Well, it's offical, i'm in debt for the rest of my life!!! Finally closed yesterday on the house. I spent all day yesterday cleaning all the decks and side walks and walk ways, everything is starting to look good. Then we had a bunch of friends come up and all the girls were in the kitchen taking down the old wall paper and us guys were outside setting posts for my fence. I rented an auger (spelling?) because there is no way i was spending all day digging holes and this thing was only $55. But slowly but surley it is looking like home. I fogot my camera at the house but i'm going to start putting up some pictures of our progress! Well, back to work i go!

Happy trails!!

Skunk

2/1974-4/2015 RIP
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Freeland, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 SAS X, 94 3000GT VR-4
Congradulations!!! Good Luck with the new house!!

JoshC

Reaction score
City, State
Culloden, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4d OHV
Well, i have now worked like a dog since friday on the house. Now i have to go back to work so i can rest some!! We've made a lot of progress on the house. About 60% of it has been painted in side, but we got all the carpeted rooms complete because they are coming ot clean the carpets thursday. I've still got to put up a few pieces of fence then the lattice, then i have to put sealer on both of those and the deck!! Wow, this is a lot of work, but it will be worth it in the end i believe. Here are my pictures so far.

House progress

McFumo

Reaction score
City, State
Menomonee Falls, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer Sport
Great looking house man. Congrats!

88vert

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State