• Register Today It's free!

First time plug/wire replacement

ARHammingh

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Ranger XL 2.3L 5sp.
I just recently bought spark plugs and wires for my 94 xl 2.3 5 speed:rangerred:, I'm gonna be doing it probably this weekend if I get free time. I've already seen threads on walkthroughs and what tools I need and all that good stuff, any tips or advice? As the title says, it's my first time doing this and just don't wanna mess things up. Not sure if it necessarily needs them changed but I've had it a couple years and now has around 136k miles and not sure if previous owners ever did the work. Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tbars thank you for the link, I'm gonna try and get it done tomorrow and update when I do.

Well after reading the walkthrough and taking my time, I got the plugs changed out. The wires I got didn't seem to match up lengthwise so I didn't replace them, the current wires didn't look defective in any way so I decided to keep 'em in, maybe another day. And since I was doing routine maintenance I also replaced the fuel filter as well and now is running great. Thank you Tbars for the link as that was my biggest help.

..Glad you found it useful and Great job on completing the task..:salute:

...nothing wrong with doing the wires a little later as I've done it that way a couple of times myself..;)

Back