Fix that reflective chrome dash trim! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Fix that reflective chrome dash trim!

06bluez

Reaction score
City, State
St Charles MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Nice results! I bought a 2'x5' piece of the new 3M 1080 black carbon vinyl, and will be doing all of the chrome as well as the factory carbon print, so it all matches. Also have a few other pieces in mind. I'll put up some pictures when i get mine done.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

GreenMando

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Sport Trac XLT 4x4 V8
I used a heat gun to shrink and stretch the material around. A blow dryer might work as I did have to use the lowest setting on the heat gun.

<

06bluez

Reaction score
City, State
St Charles MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac Adrenalin
wrapped the chrome trim as well as the center console up to the radio, and the steering wheel button plates. turned out nice I think!

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg

<

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ranger
Looks great!

<

Machine783

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 ST 4.6 limited
<

Ticobird

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
Now that you have made me aware of the reflection problem I realize I've been ignoring it all along. Don't get me wrong, I think what you've accomplished is pretty amazing. I happen to have the cream colored dash. It is really easy to see the reflection of the whole dash in the windshield. Just for grins I quickly tried setting a dark carpet on the top of the dash and I still saw the reflection. The problem with the windshield reflection in my opinion cannot really be solved because it is due to the angle of windshield. Anyway, what you've done looks great.

<

howell

Reaction score
City, State
Woodinville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer XLT
Love the wrap! good work!

<