• Register Today It's free!

fixed my exhaust (modified)

Fordmandan87

Reaction score
City, State
Royston, G.A.
Year, Model & Trim Level
in process of purchase
...I blew my exhaust out at the back of the cat. so I fixed it but not the way tou think heres a couple of oics, let me know what you think
0625081203d1.jpg

0625081202b1.jpg

0625081202c1.jpg

0625081203a1.jpg

0625081203c1.jpg

0625081203b1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good work and the mixing of the input and output is pretty interesting :). But keep an eye where the muffler is strapped cauz the muffler will move ever so slightly (even if it is a fraction of a millimeter) no matter what how hard you strap it down and every time it moves, something will scrape against something. Add some wintery conditions to the equation and chances are, you'll get a hole on the muffler's body. This is one of the reasons why those rubber hanging things are used.

well I had to improvise to get it to work after I reached the point of no return. but as soon as I can I will be reevaluating how that muffler and every thing is going to be hung

FORDMAN! BIG REQUEST!

great mod this is very promising

see my high flow cat is en route and i would very much like to build my own catback dual system to compliment my new cat.

can you PLEASE get me the measurements of your custom system. this would be VERY HELPFUL to my cause.

many thanks
-chris

will get ya some part numbers when i go to work today

awesome. if you could gimme like the length of the straight pipe from the cat back and then like the 90* i guess you used to spin the muffler to the spare tire spot and then the measurements of the other 2 90*s and the exit pipes?

thats what it looks to me liek you did.

much appreciated!

what size piping id you use? i ordere a 2.25 cat

i didn't know you could use a muffler like that. can you mix input/output on any muffler? or is it designed that way? i guess the only thing you have to worry about is if you get a flat? i'm trying to figure out a way to do duals wihtout losing the spare... next to impossible

looks good keep up the good work

so im embarassed to admit until now i did not notice the dual-cat setup up at the y pipe. i am curious as to how fordman took care of that. are you runnin both of those cats still?

my main question isuppose would be since i have a 2.25 highflow cat to put on w/ an o2 bung. where should i put that? should i cut out both cats and install the cat after the y pipe and run plumbing to the muffler and than a tailpipe and call it done?

thanks
-chris

i didn't know you could use a muffler like that. can you mix input/output on any muffler? or is it designed that way? i guess the only thing you have to worry about is if you get a flat? i'm trying to figure out a way to do duals wihtout losing the spare... next to impossible

I will get you pictures of mine in the morning. Send me a private message to remind me when you get up.

My spare is a small one off of a mazda I think so I'm not sure if a full sized spare will fit but I think it should.

cool..what do you got goin on seth?

i would really like to run y-pipe right into my new 2.25 highflow cat and out (2.25) but step up to a 2.5 or bigger and plumb it all the way out like how fordman has it into a single in/dual out muffler and maybe 3in tips!

any idea if it would sound worse or what? may hav to stick to 2.5

Well chris from what my experience is (the word "limited" comes to mind) the bigger the pipe the "throatier" the noise will be. youll get a more gutteral(sp?) sound.
Like a diesel has.

I am unfortunatley running only 2" pipe and it can sound kind drone'y wish I had insisted on at least 2.25"

I'd say get as big a pipe as the muffler shop will run (unless you do it your self) cause this midget-cammed v6 needs all the help it can get in the sound department.

well to answer your question Iam running my stock dual cat setup. to get this new exhaust on there I used a new front pipe which is 2in diam. from there I stepped up in diam to 2.25. the inlet is 2.25id on the muffler and the 2 outs are 2in id. I did not want to restrict any thing so I used adaptors the muffler is a camaro one and it is designes to run that way it sounds great not like a$$ it gets the loudest at the 1500-2000 rpm area. I run a modified intake so anything other than those rpms I hear engine. at Idle I cant hear it run and that is Awesome not to have to hear nasty exhaust leaks anymore
0628080929a1.jpg

nice man I like it. I wanted to run my exits on the outside of the leafs like you did but ended up goin on the inside cause it was easier.

Sorry guys its too damn rainy to take pics right now. Can't even install my gauges. And my dad decided to have a yard sale today so the garage is full of crap. So i can't pull it inside

Freakin Oklahoma weather.

unfortunatlythe receiver was in my way to make them narrower but on the upside the receiver hangs low enough to protect the pipes and it helps me to maintain symmetry

any kind of measurements for us fordman?

well... I can't fit a big spare cause of how the pipe is bent I've got a 205/70/r15 in there now and I can't fit my old 235's in there.

And there's now way I could fit a direct replacment for my 31's

I think the biggest tire you could fit with my current arrangment if the pipe was laid correctly is maybe a 27-28 inch tire. If its thin.

I took pics but I have no access to a computer right now so I can't post them. I will on Monday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ding ding ding ding bob tell him whats he's won yes redneck you called it as far as measurements go all i got are digits from a girl i met at a firecompany picnic but I will have more usefull numbers tomorrow(I hope)

Back