fixing rusting rocker panels...this will work right | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fixing rusting rocker panels...this will work right

EliteConcept

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
LaPorte, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Civic LX
Ok my 92 has the dreaded rusting rocker panels... its not too bad yet, i know its coming but would love to have it fixed when i get my fended fixed and painted but thats an unrelated story.

anyways my rockers the paint has like bubbles in it, you can push and poke the bubbles and its just like a big pocket of air. anyways my truck is going in very soon and i was wanting to have the rockers repainted.

i'm not quite sure why i'm posting this, i guess i'm asking is how far along does it sound like the rusting process is

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you can sand it out and re-paint it you'll slow the process down. If you have holes you'll need to get some good metal in there to cover it up.

Good luck!

Sand them and rhinoline them. There are quite a few people here doing that. But if there is rust I would consider user POR15 on the first.

Just my 2 cents.

Randy

rhinoline? man i need to have my X all one color man, i'm street style you know :) or at least i'm trying to be
but good idea though

Huculiner comes in different colors

well i'm having the fender repainted as it is i figued it would be easy to just have the rockers repainted while he is at it

Rust never sleeps.
Paint will do little to nothing for you.
POR 15 will slow it down, but will not stop it.
The only way is to cut it out put in fresh metal.

Rust is like cancer.

Back