• Register Today It's free!

Flash Drive Volume Names

Quackinup

Reaction score
City, State
Ventura CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I was excited to see that I could change the volume names on my flash drives, allowing me to pull up each one by name (rather than USB1 and USB2). For example, one could be named Country an the other Rock. Then I can pull them up by voice using those names. However, a problem has developed, I think when I did a Master Reset to clear another problem. The system re-indexed the drives after the reset, but for some reason saw them as new drives, so now when I do voice command to play Rock, sync says there are two of them and asks me to select one. Choice 1 will let me play the music and choice 2 says that drive isn't installed. How do I delete the phantom drive? Would a fuse pull accomplish this? Clearly a reset won't since I'm pretty sure that's what caused it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was excited to see that I could change the volume names on my flash drives, allowing me to pull up each one by name (rather than USB1 and USB2). For example, one could be named Country an the other Rock. Then I can pull them up by voice using those names. However, a problem has developed, I think when I did a Master Reset to clear another problem. The system re-indexed the drives after the reset, but for some reason saw them as new drives, so now when I do voice command to play Rock, sync says there are two of them and asks me to select one. Choice 1 will let me play the music and choice 2 says that drive isn't installed. How do I delete the phantom drive? Would a fuse pull accomplish this? Clearly a reset won't since I'm pretty sure that's what caused it.
If you haven’t found a resolution for your issue yet, I would like to look into this for you. So I can assist, please send me a private message with your VIN.

Cory

I still haven't tried the fuse pull, but am pretty sure that will do it. What is interesting is that one of them seems to have fixed itself and can be pulled up by name again, but the other still gives two choices. Maybe if I keep being lazy about pulling the fuse the whole problem will resolve itself. :D

Hey, is the a list of USB Jump Drives that work best with the Mytouch. Mine works fine but ever now and then it will just skip to the next song.

THanks
Oakwhite

I'm using Lexar 8gb. Works great.

Back