flash tool now available for EEC-V explorers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

flash tool now available for EEC-V explorers

Apten

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport 4x4
we now have a flasher available for EEC-V (96-2001) explorers.

Instead of installing a chip we can send you a flash tool with custom program. The flasher stores up to two tunes in it that can be programmed into the vehicle. This allows you to put a tune in your car without cleaning the contacts or removing the computer like you would with a chip. We custom program each tune for your vehicle too, so when you buy the flasher it includes a custom tuned program. The best part is the flasher gives you the ability to return your vehicle to stock with the push of a button. It also reads DTC's and error codes.

The only difference between the flasher and the chip is that the flasher is easier to install, and with the flasher we don't have to go thru any hassels with customers that have disabled ports. It's also not detectable by dealerships if you go back to the stock setting when you take it in. They carry the same program(s) as a chip do.

The MSRP on the flasher is
$399 single + stock
$425 dual program + stock

just wanted to let you guys know we have these. There is discussions about a group buy in the "group Purchase" forum, and when we get that started the flashers will be available at a discount.

Brian

27.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool, too bad I just bought a Dual program chip four months ago. This is way cooler since it reads codes. :cool:

we can do upgrades for prior customers :)

I always fall between the cracks!! :mad: Does this work on '02s? Maybe I can get my dad talked into one for the 4.6 :D

Kooool...Just a few ?'s though...Can this unit be sent back to be reprogramed if further mods are done to the vehicle? Such as after market TBs, MAFs, gear changes, etc? Because if it could, MAN that would be great! (You could still drive the truck while the flasher was getting reprogrammed and have it ready when the mods were completed!)

Chengrdawg

can the flasher adjust the speedometer readings for tire and gear ratio changes or do you have to send the flasher back to get reprogrammed.

Will it also do away with the max speed limiter? (Governor)

I always fall between the cracks!! Does this work on '02s? Maybe I can get my dad talked into one for the 4.6

right now it's for EEC-V which is 96-2001. We are working on a PTEC version that should be released soon and will work for the 2002+ PTEC based explorers.

any more details on how it reads codes? and what codes it pulls?

It will read, pull, and clear all numeric DTC ODB-II codes

Kooool...Just a few ?'s though...Can this unit be sent back to be reprogramed if further mods are done to the vehicle? Such as after market TBs, MAFs, gear changes, etc? Because if it could, MAN that would be great! (You could still drive the truck while the flasher was getting reprogrammed and have it ready when the mods were completed!)

it can always be sent back to be reprogrammed for different vehicles or different modifications.

can the flasher adjust the speedometer readings for tire and gear ratio changes or do you have to send the flasher back to get reprogrammed.

Right now we can adjust the speedometer for gear/tire changes, but there isn't a way for the customer to do it on the flasher.

Will it also do away with the max speed limiter? (Governor)

Yes, we can remove the governors when we write the programs for your flasher.

Call me stupid, but what is the dual program that you mention? Also, how do we purchase or will you inform us when and if the group buy happens?

Are these prices for the "Group Buy"? Or will they be lowered when we do the "Group Buy"?
The MSRP on the flasher is
$399 single + stock
$425 dual program + stock

Also, can you tell us some of the programs that you put into the chips and what they do? Aka, 87 Octane, 93 Octane, Performance, Towing, etc. Some of this is self explanitory, but I need some of it explained to me so when I buy a chip or this "flash tool" I will know exactly what I am doing and what I need to expect from it. Just don't want to throw money out the window on a program I don't need and then wished I would have gotten program A & C instead of B & C. You know what I mean?

For those that didn't know, we are doing a "Group Buy" on the Apten Chip now in Group Purchases Forum down below.

HotDogs

how many times can you reflash the computer with the new program. is it a one flash deal or can you reflash the computer as much as you want without sending it back to be reprogrammed.

how many times can our stock computer be flashed? say we change programs every other week for a few years..that can add up.

There is no limit on how many times you can flash the computer.

don't like to repost but I wanted to make sure you see this Brian...

The handheld flasher seems nice but how does it work? Do I plug the flasher into the jack under the steering wheel? Do I need to plug the flasher in to switch the program each time? I like the idea of having a switch like the dual program has...makes it easy to change "on the fly" so to speak. Anyone have any info on this?...Thanks!

The handheld flasher seems nice but how does it work? Do I plug the flasher into the jack under the steering wheel? Do I need to plug the flasher in to switch the program each time? I like the idea of having a switch like the dual program has...makes it easy to change "on the fly" so to speak. Anyone have any info on this?...Thanks!

every time you want to change the program with the flasher you just plug the programmer into the ODB port under the steering wheel and upload the new program. You can keep the flasher tool in the glove box for the times when you want to chagne programs.

The dual program chip has a switch on a 4' wire that allows you to toggle between programs.

Thanks,
Brian

Back