• Register Today It's free!

flashing headlights

sjwylie

Reaction score
City, State
Midland, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Limited
I'm having a very odd problem with my Limited '93. It is parked in the driveway, and turned off but the headlights and dashlights keep flashing on and off. This will conitnue for a minute or two, then they will turn completely off. A few minutes later, they will start flashing again.
From what I've gathered searching the forums, it sounds like the headlight switch may be bad. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I guess I will start by tearing out the switch tomorrow. It could also be due to ice, we just had a huge ice storm come through here.
Let me know if anyone has had a similar experience. Thanks.

Wylie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This could be a fire hazard, be careful about where you park. Try unplugging headlight module also, does this have a security system?

I was going to say the same thing. Does it have a security system or a remote start????

So what happened sjwylie?

It does have a security system. I think it was probably the ice storm we had the other night. I went to check it out yesterday, and everything was fine. I have been keeping a close eye on it in case it happens again. Not exactly sure what happened. Very Weird.

Did this ever happen again? Was there a fix??

Back