Flatbed, rollcage phase 2 project | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Flatbed, rollcage phase 2 project

I like this stuff too, but make sure to use primer even though the can says you don't have to. I have put it straight on the metal and it chips off pretty easy.

I bought some from Advance Auto Parts and i love it. It was something like 8 bucks a can and i used it on some racks and a brush guard that i made for my ATV and it's been great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyway you could update the links to your pics? They don't show anymore.

They're not here either.

http://www.fordoffroad.freehomepage.com/photo.html

Sorry about that. I went through and deleted a bunch of photos out of my gallery awhile back and I haven't had the time to update stuff including my lame website. I put some new photos in the first post. I have change a few things on the truck since I started this post. I have decided to not finish the exo-cage and to convert the truck to more of an expedition wheeler. I have also built a new front bumper and a set of long radius arms for the front axle as well as adding an Atlas 6:1 transfer case. I am real happy with the way it wheels. Now I want to get a set of those redesigned BFG Mud TA's.

Thank you.

One more question. :)

Do you still have any of the bed build around?

Does this help? Was there a specific photo you needed?
DSCN1687.gif

DSCN1694.gif

DSCN1692.gif

DSCN1695.gif

DSCN1703.gif

DSCN1723.gif

IMG_1801.gif

IMG_1819.gif

I have decided to not finish the exo-cage and to convert the truck to more of an expedition wheeler.
Can you elaborate on this? I'm interested to see what you do next. :D

Can you elaborate on this? I'm interested to see what you do next. :D

I was thinking about building something along the lines of this:
tacochaser2.jpg

With a roof tent.
1_series3_ttop1400.jpg

eezi_awn_snow.jpg

It would have a small built in kitchen, water tank, hot water heater, tent heater, shower, etc. I want to be able to do multi-day wheeling trips in style like Canyonlands White Rim Trail or longer. I have some people that I know that do this type of wheeling with tents and go into town every couple of days to get a shower and whatnot, but I want to step it up a notch. I used to work for a local company that makes high end 4x4 RVs, but they are a little too big for the type of wheeling I like to do.

Back