Floor mats/liners/cargo mats | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I would agree that the Husky cargo protector is slightly more rubbery than the Weathertech's I've had in the past.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For the dog crate, why not take advantage of the anchors in the back and run a strap over it? Would just take a second and you wouldn't have to worry.

For what it's worth I have the Weathertech, 3 rows plus cargo behind the 2nd row. The cargo liner is fairly flexible, not a rigid plastic, and seems to have good stick. So far no problems with things sliding and I like to take the corners fast.

For those shopping, Weathertech doesn't offer many discounts, but they do offer 5% to AAA members! Unfortunately I found that out after I bought mine, but maybe will help others.

Well, I made a decision. After much deliberation I decided to take an alternative route, because our Explorer Limited has the 2nd row bucket seats w/console that allows the back cargo area to be very visible when sitting anywhere in the vehicle, I didn't particularly want the look of a pick-up bed liner, so I ordered a Lloyd's Ultimat custom-fit carpeted cargo mat. This will take care of my concerns with the kennel skidding and protection of the stowed 3rd row seat backs while retaining a more refined look of the interior. If our Explorer would have been equipped with a 60/40 split bench 2nd row I probably would have opted for the OEM Ford cargo liner.

Thanks to all for responding!

In a follow up . . . I received the Lloyd's Ultimat custom-fit carpeted cargo mat, purchased through autoanything.com. The mat is/was advertised and described as being custom fit and understood by myself and the good folks at autoanything.com that it would fit wall-to-wall, fitting into the nooks and crannies behind the 2nd row seats. What arrived was anything but, it was simply an ~ 39" x 44" rectangular piece of carpeting. I called autoanything.com to report this and they, too; were surprised to learn this. They ended up offering a refund less a small restocking fee of about $12 and I could keep the mat. I couldn't refuse that offer.

So, in addition I ended up buying the Ford OEM cargo mat, which fits great and looks good, too. My concerns of the kennel skidding around with the cargo mat was unfounded and is a non-issue.

looking for a rear cargo mat

I'm looking for a cargo mat for a 2013. I need something that can fold up when we flip up the third row, and it would be good if the surface isn't too tacky so things will slide in and out easily.

Anyone using something like this?

I wanted the same thing when getting all weathers for my sport. I don't think actual explorer Aries cargo mat looks like that. That might be a stock photo. I remember asking about it. I bit the bullet and bought the weather techs for behind the 2nd and 3rd row. I'd just double check. Maybe things have changed since I was searching. If they have let me know because I want one Mat for both set ups.

I'll let you know in a few days. Thanks.

I ordered this OEM one for mine http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-thru-15-Explorer-OEM-Genuine-Ford-Black-Cargo-Area-Protector-Mat-Liner-w-Logo-/181215779877?fits=Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AExplorer&hash=item2a314d5c25&vxp=mtr

It covers from the tailgate to the 2nd row. Can be easily rolled up and placed to the side if you do need to raise the 3rd row.

I got the same one a week ago and pretty happy with it. I ordered it from Levittown Ford. Its not as thick as Weather Tech or Husky but its relatively easy to fold up if need be.

I am waiting on a 2016 XLT to deliver and need to order floor mats. In the past I used Weathertech Extreme Duty and Husky weatherbeater liners in my 2014 Escape with mixed experiences.

I started with Weathertechs but they do not fully cover the dead pedal; coverage is half way up. So I switched to the Husky;s. They fully covered the dead pedal but they do not connect to the floor anchors and have a tendency to ride forward and gap at the rear.

I've looked at the Aries 3, too

The Weathertech's appear to not fully cover the dead pedal in the XLT and that concerns me as material (snow, etc) will slide down the dead pedal behind the mat.

Any suggestions? Comments? Thanks.

I have Huskys in my 09 Edge and couldn't be more pleased. They fit pretty tightly around the borders and have a high lip to catch anything your shoes will carry into the vehicle. They will contain most spills, I've never had anything escape them. I keep a soft cover in the back for fragile things that might get scraped or abraded (like a hard wood guitar amplifier). I'll order a set for my Platinum pretty soon. One more thing, the OEM ones don't look like they have much of an edge (height) to catch water/drink spills.

JMHO,

TW

I've used the Husky liners in my last 2 vehicles mainly because they provide slightly better coverage overall and because they cover the carpeted area right over to the door sill.

Peter

I just put the Husky mats in my '15. First, second, and third row.

Very happy with the coverage, fitment, and overall quality of the mats.

I've used the Husky liners in my last 2 vehicles mainly because they provide slightly better coverage overall and because they cover the carpeted area right over to the door sill.

Peter

Hi Peter, where did you got the Husky liners here in Ontario Canada?

For those shopping, Weathertech doesn't offer many discounts, but they do offer 5% to AAA members! Unfortunately I found that out after I bought mine, but maybe will help others.

Thanks I didn't know that. I just received my order from them. I am going to email and inquire. I don't think they have anywhere online to enter a code so maybe you ordered on the phone?

I ordered 1st,2nd,3rd row digital liners and a cargo liner (behind the 3rd row, not the entire cargo area). I'm very happy with weathertech digital liners, great fit, good coverage, very sturdy and impenetrable regarding liquids but also lightweight and easy to take in/out.

Once I get the various accessories installed I'll snap some pics.

Hi Peter, where did you got the Husky liners here in Ontario Canada?
The ones I got for the 2011 Explorer I ordered from a company (Line-X) here in Ottawa. The ones I now have in my MKT I ordered through TDot Performance in North York. $199.22 including tax and free shipping for front and 2nd row liners.

Peter

I went with the 1,2,3rd row and behind 2nd row cargo liners from weather tech on our 2016. We live out in the country, and as such have had to clean them about 4 times. They fit great, and I like how the driver liner clicks into the OEM mat fasteners.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I went with the 1,2,3rd row and behind 2nd row cargo liners from weather tech on our 2016. We live out in the country, and as such have had to clean them about 4 times. They fit great, and I like how the driver liner clicks into the OEM mat fasteners.
I still don't know why WeatherTech front liners don't cover the carpeted area right over to the door sills like the Husky liners have done for years.:dunno:

Peter

Back