floor shifter anyone?

SwaintaN

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Carey, Ohio (Georgia Grown)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
So Im on page 55 of 250, has anyone converted a stock auto trans to a floor shifter instead of a column mount?

Just wondering.. trying to get rid of the wire system and fab something up more like a plate... no more shifting wire, so i dont run into the problems i have now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure if the first gen ever came with a floor shifter... I'm sure though that second gen sold in the UK had a floor shifter - these two were close siblings so I'm positive you could put it in your rig... Problem is you'd have to get the whole floor console shipped from the UK... lol

I'm also positive that someone here tried installing a floor shifter from scratch... anything is possible

I did a lot of searching... this time i found a floor shifter from older Mustangs with p r n OD D 2 1... my biggest thing would be how to wire the neutral switch and reverse lights. brackets probably wouldnt be a prob... could fab those up..

People have used the floor shifters from the vans.b&m makes a slap sport shifter for a truck that I was planning on using.neutral and reverse I belive are done in the tranny so you dont have to worry about switches, I think.

see I know i can extended the litter wire, then P-1 on dash will still move with floor shifter and itll be on the floor.. But yeah that is my fear the neutral switch and reverse lights.

How about a floor shifter from a BroncoII? You try that yet?

Its got the same shape floor and the trans is almost the same.

I havent tried anything yet, still just piling info. I figured once I got it done Ill just cut on the steering Wheel shifter.

Or you can swap in a column from a manual truck and make it look factory.

Or you can swap in a column from a manual truck and make it look factory.

Or just pull the pin that the lever swivels on and remove the lever.

eh, on the removal... figure id half ass.. with way some ppl in my house *****

what pin??

I feel for you if you live with some of those..

There is a pin that the shift lever swivels on. It slides through from the bottom up and has a small quick-snap type retainer on the top. I found the retainer on my floor and wondered what it was. A few weeks later the shift lever came off in my hand. I just found the pin and put it back in from the top this time so gravity won't pull it back out.

Ill havta keep that in mind when I go to do this. something ive always wanted to do.. not sure why, but think it would look better on the floor...

Back