floor shifters?

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
Will any of the floor shifters like b&m or hurst fit or work in our trucks.is the a4ld a forward or reverse shift valve body? I have to shift manual as is if I give it any full acceleration so why not put a nice ratchet shift in!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No body?? Aleast does anyone know if its a forward or reverse shift valve body?

Bump?

perhaps you should ask in the tranny forum.
I personally hate autos and have even converted vehicles to 5 speed. I hate autos that much.
But the tranny forum is where this question will be answered.

Don't think it woukd really matter as the same people that answer over ther answer over here.I was allways a fan of manuals but I have a bum knee now and an built automatic will shift and perform better any day off the week.I'm going to do this mod soon so ill post if it works or not!

I do remember reading about people thinking of doing a floor shifter on the a4ld but I can't remember "why" they couldn't do it.. I haven't seen a thread about it in years though.

~Mark

Yea I have seen people use the floor shifter out of a aerostar and people uaeing aftermarket shifter for a manual trans but no aftermarket for a4ld

well looks like people have done it by swapping out the linkage from a first gen ranger or aerostar but cant find any info on what needed to be swapped and witch shifter they used.also looks like 410 did this awhile back maybe he will chime in or ill send him a pm later.he is a link of some info
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=339103

Ok done more research and looks like I'm going to try and use theB&M truck megashifter.its 4 speed and uses a cable.its comes with many mounting brackets for the trans so I'm sure one will work or I'm sure I can make one.its rachet type so it sould be fun;) its going to be a bit before I do this as I'm in the middle of a rear end swap! I still would like to figure out why my trans won't shift on its on when full throttle!!!ill post pics off the install when I'm done.I'm also going to be adding a three gauges to the side of it.trans temp,psi and a voltmeter.
http://www.bmracing.com/PRODUCTS/Performance-Automatic-Shifters/Truck-Megashifter

Back