• Register Today It's free!

Florida Wheelers?

car_candy

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Alrighty so where are all the florida wheelers out there around the Port St Lucie/ South Florida area? I would like to go out, but need some people to go with :D

So who's around this area?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im around abouts there, now for the big question, whats around here lol... Really, Ive never really exploered, were you thinking of going?

I was kind of hoping some of the people around here would know where to go, LOL. But there is a small little mud hole I go to in St Lucie right off the Gaitlian Exit. But nothing spectacular. There is the Plant Bamboo spot out in Okeechobee just west of Palm City. Thats where they host mudfest.

Dang, my dad wouldnt let me take my truck in mud lol, I play around ont eh farm/oragnge groves and stuff :D

What's up! I'm near Ft Lauderdale and would love to go off roading! I only have a 2WD though so I am not sure how it would hold up. It does have the 3.73 LS axle and I put some 235/75/15 Wrangler Silent Armor tires on..
Think it can handle some mud?

I dont think you'll have too much of a problem in some light mud. I wouldn't go full on boggin' but as long as there is someone there to pull you out. you'll be fine. I just upgraded from the 235's to a set of 31's myself :)

I'm in ft lauderdale, dats like 1hr away from port st lucie, if you ever wanna come wheelin with us let me know or maybe i'll take the trip up there too.
we usually go to 8th street miami, holey land ot of us-27, ocala FL etc...

97 XLT AWD V8/ BW 4406 T-CASE SWAP(now in progress) 2" TT & SHACKLES / BFG MUD T 32X11.50X15

Yea I'd love to make a trip down there I used to fish holy land back in the day. How often do you go out?

Where is holy land? I've heard about it but never found it. Is it for serious 4x4ers or light-weight like me?

Where is holy land? I've heard about it but never found it. Is it for serious 4x4ers or light-weight like me?

Holy land is basically a section of the glades, if memory serves correct its off 27, I'm not sure about the level off offroa difficulty. It's been years since ive gone. A lot of it depends on the weather im sure. and since its been raining pretty good this past week im sure it would make for a good time :)

about time

so when is this going down, i usually go out to krome av an what every dirt road i find

Holy land is basically a section of the glades, if memory serves correct its off 27, I'm not sure about the level off offroa difficulty. It's been years since ive gone. A lot of it depends on the weather im sure. and since its been raining pretty good this past week im sure it would make for a good time :)

Thanks, exactly where is it on us27?:salute:

Not too sure of the exact location. ed0607 would probably know though.

No set date yet, I'm basically just wanting to know who's in the area so we can plan something. Krome ave is that down in Homestead?

Yeah let me know when this is going to be. I am getting some shackles and going to do a TT next week so I should be able to handle some light muds. Krome ave is down in the Miami area, could be dangerous!

Krome Av. starts if (north bound ) Florida City an connect with 27 before broward

holey land is of US-27 northbound , ummm coming from I-595 u gotta get off in a small exit bfre a lil town call south bay FL and the place on 8th street well is on 8th st(or SR 41 or tamiami trail) and Krome ave..
lately i havent been out much due to X still beeing at shop and all, i mean this t-case swap is taking forever but i hope is worht it...... but really we try to go out at least twice a month and take a trip every so often .....let me know when you'll like to go and i'll get you times dates and all

97 XLT AWD V8/ BW 4406 T-CASE SWAP(now in progress) 2" TT & SHACKLES / BFG MUD T 32X11.50X15

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got stuck in mud yesterday, which seems like more of a sink hole or quick sand. A passer by in a newer F250 4x4 was coming to help me, entered the field, and sunk into the mud/quick sand up to his frame. Tow trucks refused to enter the area that we're stuck in, they suggested that we call an excavator which I did. $500 down the tubes for my stupid mistake, I'm never ever going back there again.

Back