• Register Today It's free!

Flowmaster 50 Delta

302Xplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond,Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
What would just the muffler and installation cost me for a 2000 v8?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

get your muffler on ebay and installation could very depending on what you wanted done.

I'm just going to do the whole thing at my local shop, I would like just a ballpark for materials and labor.

Maybe you should go there and ask? Because who knows what they'll charge you for the muffler, could be around $80-100 because of retail, and install could be +/-$50 or so, it all depends.

Search feature is nice too.

I was just asking for a little help, no need to be a @#%!. I have searched and couldn't find anything this specific. Thanks for the help.

Easy folks. I think this is a valid question but was just not asked right.

If someone could give an estimate of what thier muff replacement cost then he could go someplace and know if they were ripping him or not.

I would suggest a complete cat back. You may end up having the shop add reducers due to the small tubing size of the stock system. reducing will do you no good.

There was a thread on the 70 series. Thats the muffler Im getting. Very quiet inside and flows better than stock and sounds great.

i know you do not want to do it your self, but i put mine together for $72 for everything,

$59-ish 40 Ser. shipped, clamps and down pipe $12, wire $1.

tools needed jig saw, 3/4 socket less then a hour,

look at my link in my sig.

I had a flowmaster delta 50 series put on my 97 5.0 X a few years back. I bought everything directly from the muffler shop and had them put it on. Parts, (cat back piping plus muffler), and labor for the install cost about $200 total. not bad, but not as cheap as you can do either, if you go some parts cheaper and brought them to a shop, etc. I'm happy with it, but I would always like a true dual system. :) :burnout:

Back