Flowmaster 50 on a 4.6

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 EB V8
A lot of old threads on this. Bad links to pics, & info.
So, the 50 series is now different. There is a 50 deltaflow part #942451 & a super 50 part #52557. The super 50 is the renamed old SUV series 50.
The deltaflow is the louder of the 2. The 40 series is much louder then both. The 50 delta is 2.25" the super 50 is 2.5".
I found a scratch & dent super 50 for $90 on ebay. Install at a muffler shop was $100.
Install requires welding in 2 small pieces of pipe.
Ok, sound...Sound is subjective, however I can say for sure that if anyone thinks the super 50 is loud has zero to worry about. It is NOT. In fact there is almost no noise from it inside the X, & little outside. HW & local speeds. There is a rumble & there is a deeper tone & a few decibels louder then the stock muffler, but really it's almost a wash. Now that's not to say that it's useless, MPG may improve, I've yet to drive enough. And my experiences with flowmasters are they get deeper & a little louder as they break in.
Overall, I'm ok with it for the prices I paid. But no way I'd spend retail msrp on the super 50. Get the delta 50 to make this worth it.
Edit: Uploaded sound file...

pXrFnSj.jpg

xcgRbim.jpg

KTsRHDf.jpg

A lot of old threads on this. Bad links to pics, & info.
So, the 50 series is now different. There is a 50 deltaflow part #942451 & a super 50 part #52557. The super 50 is the renamed old SUV series 50.
The deltaflow is the louder of the 2. The 40 series is much louder then both. The 50 delta is 2.25" the super 50 is 2.5".
I found a scratch & dent super 50 for $90 on ebay. Install at a muffler shop was $100.
Install requires welding in 2 small pieces of pipe.
Ok, sound...Sound is subjective, however I can say for sure that if anyone thinks the super 50 is loud has zero to worry about. It is NOT. In fact there is almost no noise from it inside the X, & little outside. HW & local speeds. There is a rumble & there is a deeper tone & a few decibels louder then the stock muffler, but really it's almost a wash. Now that's not to say that it's useless, MPG may improve, I've yet to drive enough. And my experiences with flowmasters are they get deeper & a little louder as they break in.
Overall, I'm ok with it for the prices I paid. But no way I'd spend retail msrp on the super 50. Get the delta 50 to make this worth it.
Edit: Uploaded sound file...

View attachment 438388
View attachment 438389
View attachment 438390

looks nice!

1 month update. As suspected the super50 did get a little louder & deeper. There is also a little more noise inside the cabin when your accelerating.

Looks nice and that's a great sound!

Back