• Register Today It's free!

Flowmaster 50 series question

302Xplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond,Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
Does anyone know the part # for the 50 series Flowmaster for a 5.0? I have searched distributor sites as well as our forum and can't find it or a way to look it up.

Thanks, once again

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found it! 50 SERIES SUV
#524553 Dual 2-1/4" In Single 3" Out.

Do they make a specific "Explorer" 50 series? I thought you just picked out whatever works with your application (custom exhaust)..

It's not explorer specific it fits some gmc and dodges as well. They don't have on that's explorer specific.

Sounds like the same Flowie as the SOHC. I didn't realize the V8 was also dual in.

I would stay away from the 3", that is a little large for a stock 5.0, go with a 2.5 and you will keep a little more of your low end grunt. The explorer 5.0s just dont need a 3" exhaust. Good luck though, I have the 50 on my 4.7 Dodge and it sounds absolutely amazing, no other words for it...it is awesome.

I want to try a true dual with 2.5" piping and two flowmaster mufflers.. I can't decide between the new Super 40 or a 50 series.

Back