• Register Today It's free!

flowmaster american thunder

nice92explorer

Reaction score
City, State
costa mesa, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer xlt
does anyone know anything about or have the american thunder cat-back that flowmaster has for the 92 explorer 4dr. i want to get it because its a two chamber and is around 175 shipped from summit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think it is the 50 series 3 chamber.... or it it basically the 40 series delta 2 chamber....... its fine... will be noticeably louder than stock but wont be too loud to be annoying.....

it should sound louder that my stock piping with dynomax xuperturbo (or as i like to call it superquite) because its a 40 2 chamber with 2.25 piping right?

American Thunder just has a 40 series instead of 50 like the Force II. 40 is better, so get it ;)

Yeah, I ended up getting a 40 series a year after I bought my Force II. I didn't know they sold an American Thunder for the Ex. Get it...

I don't really think they do... It's the same as our Force II but has a 40 series muffler. On Summit the 40's are cheaper then the 50's so if there is an American Thunder, it should be cheaper.

Hey,

Can you plz post a link ??

i went to summit and searched but didnt find the one for a 91-94 Explorer ??

Plz ..

THNX

PEACE

I believe only a Force II is available for X's. Just buy the Force II and then buy a 40 series muffler, you can sell the 50 on eBay for around $75 at least.

Originally posted by huskyfan23
I believe only a Force II is available for X's. Just buy the Force II and then buy a 40 series muffler, you can sell the 50 on eBay for around $75 at least.

if im gunan go therough that ill jsut get my Dual exhaust with flowmaster 40 put on.............

i was jsut trying to buy one already made....

arghhhh

ok nice92

so was this a kit or would i have to do liek husky said chop it up nad blah blah

PEACE

These are systems, nothing has to be cut. It includes clamps, pipes, and muffler. Nothing is connected so all you'd have to do is just sell the muffler it comes with, and buy a 40.

your going to have to buy the muffler (40 series, i confused myself).

Back