Flowmaster Force II cat back exhaust | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Flowmaster Force II cat back exhaust

j602

resident ******
Reaction score
City, State
Dothan, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
I have a '92 Explorer with a rusted out exhaust system that really needs to be replaced. I'm thinking of going with the Flowmaster Force II cat back system with the 50 series muffler, but I need to know if it'll sound good on my truck. If any of you have this sytem or have heard it please let me know what it's like and how it sounds. Thanks for all the help.

Josh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That was the first exhaust setup I had. I loved it! You'll definitely be a lot happier with the sound.

just another budget option would be Dynomax's cat-back for the explorer. Uses 2 1/4 piping and a Super Turbo muffler. Would probably be a little bit quitier than the flowmaster but still an upgrade from stock.

I don't have this setup myself but was considering it.

I believe JEGS carries it for $108

Great. Thanks to both of you for the input.

cat back

i believe that you could get a system for less if you use a thrush turbo muffler for like $33 at advance auto parts. you could get some piping for like $50, and get the sound of the dynomax, who makes thrush, and the price of the flowmaster muffler alone :burnout:

I just put on the Force II with 50. It's a little louder than stock, but still sort of quiet. I love it. Just what I expected, and the self install went well. Bought the whole shabang from Jegs.com for $150 delivered. Not the cheapest way to replace your exhaust, but you get what you pay for. I recommend it.

Harry P said:
I just put on the Force II with 50. It's a little louder than stock, but still sort of quiet. I love it. Just what I expected, and the self install went well. Bought the whole shabang from Jegs.com for $150 delivered. Not the cheapest way to replace your exhaust, but you get what you pay for. I recommend it.

Did you get yours welded yet? or are you?

Thanks for the input Harry P. Yeah I'm going with the Force II from Jeg's. Just somewhat louder than stock was what I was goin for, plus a little bump performance-wise. Later.

I put on a Force II that I got from Summit a couple of months ago ($140), and the sound isn't loud. But it is noticable from the outside or inside with the windows down. No resonance at all. I also removed the cats, so that probably increased the sound a little. My only complaint(?) is it sounds almost like an import 4-cyl. when I'm hard on the throttle. The performance improvement made it all worthwhile, though. I also welded the complete ass'y so I would not have any leaks for a long while. The fit of everything was better than I expected.

Back