flowmaster | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

flowmaster

i will see what i can do for you on that sound clip...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Had flowmaster original 40's on my old 4.0 OHV V6 and the 4.0 SOHC, both of which sounded great. Now I have 40's on my expedition and mustang - I would reccommend the 40 series original if you want an aggressive sound.

I have a v-6 explorer with stock pipe and single exit. i put on the 40 series. i had the same muffler on my toyota. the interior sound is louder due to the suv not a pickup but love the tone. and legal cant get in trouble as far as i know. highly recommended

so whats better for v8, standard 40series or delta flow 40 series?

my guess would be... THIS IS A GUESS !

the ORIGINAL 40 SERIES - would be louder and ballzy...

the DELTA FLOW 40 SERIES - would be more refined rumble...

i will see if i can find internal pics of the mufflers...

aww man, i wish you hadnt posted that!! now im thinking about swithching my super 40 for the new super 44 series!!! hahaha

is there any flowmasters thats gives everything besides noise?

So i have the super 44 on my truck with cut offs (loud) and heres the pics before i extend the pipes

I LOVE THIS MUFFLER

DSCN2216.jpg

Well i have seen the youtube videos and 70si sound very loud and compare to the 40si. I havent lisent to the 50 herd its quiete

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/mufflers.html

look at the difference in the internals via the pics, then read the short txt next to each

" STANDARD 40 SERIES " and " DELTA FLOW 40 SERIES " hope this helps SHADOWLESS
Hands down, the orig 40 sounds the best. :thumbsup: Unfortunately it does not show you how much drone you get inside the truck. If you don't mind it, it's the best sounding of all. :)

I got the 40 series original on my 04 Mountainer 4.6L v8.

Kept the stock exhaust piping, just got it welded in place of the old muffler.

Sounds AWESOME, i get looks all the time, plus I have BFG M/T's so its a very loud mounty,lol.

I have some video clips of me running thru some pretty deep sand trails, but they didnt come out good, i'll try to get some more.

----

But the flowmaster is VERY deep at Idle, sounds just like any muscle car.

Once you hit the throttle it gets pretty deep/loud, then once i get past 2kRPM's it silences up alittlemore but still sounds good.

But at highway speed it does have a nice solid sound, and can STILL hear it in the background with music going at a low/medium volume.
If i crank the music up ALOT, i cant hear the exhaust, but i can slightly feel the vibration of it at certain RPM's.

JUST went thru State Inspection here i Jersey today with it....no problems.

If your in doubt, just go with Flowmaster, you simply CANT go wrong, it sounds extremely awesome on the v6 and v8.

Well i have seen the youtube videos and 70si sound very loud and compare to the 40si. I havent lisent to the 50 herd its quiete

If you don't want noise, like someone mentioned take a look at the 70 series. I have a MAC air intake and a 50 series SUV flowmaster and my girlfriend can't stand it. I'm sure it's much quieter than the 40 series, but it gets obnoxious still. If you really don't want that much noise try the 70 series, I'm thinking of switching.

I have the V6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With the 4.6 the 40 series delta-flow sounds awesome. And it's not too loud inside. I got mine in stainless from summit racing. :thumbsup:

Back