cfd911

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
chicago IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 xlt 4wd
hello group this is my first idea so be kind,

i as most of I you enjoy keeping our explorers running well, and saving our hard earned money doing it.
i ve come up with my own idea for flushing your power steering without a hassel. with some extra hose some 3/8 clamps a 3/8 T and a petcock you can flush your entire powersteering system without running it dry..

what i did was i took an old turkey baster and sucked out all the old fluid, then i removed the 3/8 return hose and plumbed in my home made flush kit. filled the reservoir with fresh fluid and ran the truck turning the wheel from lock to lock ocassionally.
i opened the petcock slightly to control the rate of removal into a old milk jug. when the reservoir became low i just closed the petcock and refilled it and would turn the wheel from lock to lock and then continued to flush it open ing the petcock again.I continued the cycle till i flushed out about 2 quarts then i let the system run dry and shut off the truck, removed the flush t reinstalled the return hose, filled the system and checked for leaks.
You can use this on anyone of your cars.
i hope this was helpful thanks joe

sounds great

Back