Fluttering Noise from Driver's Side | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fluttering Noise from Driver's Side

Ea0776

Reaction score
City, State
Saline, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi! I own a 2017 Ford Explorer and as of a couple weeks ago I now have this fluttering noise on the driver's side when the car is in motion. I've attached a picture of where I think the noise is coming from. I've adjusted the seat belt, confirmed all trim is intact, and the window seems to seal just fine. I cannot seem to figure out what this noise is. I suspect it may be coming from behind the column where I circled in the picture. Anyone else experience anything like this? If so, what was your fix?

Ford explorer.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Do you have the Securicode panel? If yes, have you checked to make sure it isn't loose?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Do you have the Securicode panel? If yes, have you checked to make sure it isn't loose?

Peter
I do. I just check and the panel on the outside of the door does not appear to be loose.

There is a part inside that panel that guides the seatbelt to angle/move around freely. I never seen them flutter but mine was wedged after removing that trim to fix the moon roof and seatbelt didn't wanna move.

Back