Fog Lamp Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog Lamp Help

Hello everyone, I am a new member to this forum but i have herd alot about this site and have recieved much help from it by just looking at other posts. I do have one question though, i own a 1995 XLT Explorer and i really like my fog lights. Saddly, both of them are broken and i am looking to replace them. I did some research and noticed that the stock fog lamp replacements are no less than $50.00 a piece, and i know that there is somone out there that has found an aftermarket fog lamp that fits well on my explorer. I really would like a good pair of lights but i can not find any that even come close to looking like (as far as size and shape) what i need. Is there anyone that has some experience or sugestions?

Thank You

Howdy, There is actually a set of some what cheap replacements. They are just that though, Cheap. I got my pair at meijer for 20 bucks. They are square and they mount right were the old ones go. Mine are clear, but I think you can get them yellow. This is if you want to replace the Housing and everything. It's not hard, Litterally one bolt. Then you just have to connect them to the stock fog light wires.
If you're wanting the bulb, I thought I saw them for like 10 bucks at wal-mart. I do'nt know if you guys have them down there, but Harbor frieght has the same lights I'm talking about for the same price.
Here's a Picture of mine with out power
PICT0494.jpg

Here's the front of my truck with them on.
PICT0500.jpg

I enjoy them, the work well for foggy/rainy days. HOpe this helps.

Hella FF-75 or KC Hilights 26 Series or some other.
Most any fog light you get will be brighter since they have 55 watt bulbs and the stock Ford fogs are 35 watt.
Hella also has this lamp that looks like it could be a direct replacement. I've never tried it, but who knows? Its the 300 light http://www.rallylights.com/hella/AuxiliaryLampsGrid.aspx

Back