Fog light bracket replacement or fabrication. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog light bracket replacement or fabrication.

joeyd71

Reaction score
City, State
Oil City, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT
My fog light brackets are almost all gone. In fact, I am amazed that the lights are even attached. The brackets have just completely rusted away. So with that, I was wondering if anybody has made any custom brackets for their fog lights. Heck, if anybody is looking to sell any, I'd consider it. In case you are wondering, I have the rectangular fog lights since I have the '97 Explorer.

being from the rust-belt you probably won't have much luck in the salvage yard. the brackets for the 97 look rather complicated to fabricate, but I guess it depends on your fab skills. if all else fails, rock auto sells the hole assembly for about $35.00.

TYC Part # 19534701 {#F87Z15200CA, FO2593112} FOG LIGHT; Does not Include Bulb or Socket
Includes Lens and Housing; Right; XLT Model; Eddie Bauer; Sport; XL Model

* Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 1 business days
$34.79

I like to think I am pretty savvy with fabricating, so I might give it a whirl. I mean, what do I have to lose? I just checked out the bracket, and you are right....it does seem rather complex. I forgot to check rock auto. I'll dig a little deeper there.
Thanks for the response.

Mine were rusty but still solid when I pulled them off so you prob could find some used... only problem is I had to use a cutting wheel to get mine off so getting them off in a junkyard would be a toughy. Is there any explorers being parted out on craigslist near you?

But if you make your own bracket you could upgrade to some nicer lights, maybe some hella 55w rectangle lights. I was going to go that route but opted to ditch the whole valance for more clearance.

Back