Fog Light Driving Lamp Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog Light Driving Lamp Help

I am new here, i looked at all the post i could find that cover some of the problems that i face, but nothing 100% I have a 98 explorer I wanted to add Driving lights and Fog Lamps (fog lights not stock on this model) My entire plan, is to put 2 cheap fig lamps near where the factory fogs would be (if i can find a place to mount them and flush mount in the air dam) and a set of hella 500 driving lamps. I want both sets to work as follows. Driving Lights on with high beam or OFF or Override ON same with the fog lights on LOW BEAMS or off or Override ON. I Called my mechanic he said if i mount everything he could wire it for 150 bucks, but it cant be that hard. (and i don't have 150 for something that seems basic enough to understand and learn) So i need to know how to wire both sets of lights, to 2 on off on switches (SPDT) and what i will need for such a project. (wire size, relays, fuses) and how to SAFELY tap in to the high beam low beam to trigger the light when in the On position. ANY help would be great Please post here or PM me and i can e-mail you. Thanks in Advance
--Tim

With enough relays and wiring skills, this can be done-

Mountaineer with explorer xlt bumper

walmart square fogs with 55 watt bulbs
round high beam fogs with 150 watt bulbs, behind the grille
I use the park lamp wire for the low beam fogs relay trigger-that way they stay on with high beams-
High beam wire for high beam driving light relay trigger.

when flash to pass is pulled, they all light up:D

Attachments

• river shot 002.jpg
    river shot 002.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 387

With enough relays and wiring skills, this can be done-

Mountaineer with explorer xlt bumper

walmart square fogs with 55 watt bulbs
round high beam fogs with 150 watt bulbs, behind the grille
I use the park lamp wire for the low beam fogs relay trigger-that way they stay on with high beams-
High beam wire for high beam driving light relay trigger.

when flash to pass is pulled, they all light up:D

hey turdle, with respect to the fog of the corners of the bumper, which model you placed so they fit perfectly

Back