Fog light "on" settings. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog light "on" settings.

Fog lights, too are wired to NOT be on at any time the DRL's are on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fog lights, too are wired to NOT be on at any time the DRL's are on.
Do you think this applies to the 2016?
I'm trying to figure out why my fog lights go on and off in different conditions when the headlights are in Auto mode.

I would assume the '16 is the same. My '05 and my '08 did so it's probably been that way ever since the inception of auto headlights.

yes, but at a lower wattage, Right?

I would assume the '16 is the same. My '05 and my '08 did so it's probably been that way ever since the inception of auto headlights.

My old 2006 Limited did not have DRL's, which I think is the factor here. What I'm thinking is that my DRL's are set to ON and they might be turning on and off based on outside lighting conditions. So maybe the headlights are on early in the morning but change to DRL's when coming out of the shade or facing the sunrise. At the same time, my fog lights are coming on and off as the lights change from DRL's to regular headlights. I'm still testing this theory as it's hard to replicate those conditions.

My old 2006 Limited did not have DRL's, which I think is the factor here. What I'm thinking is that my DRL's are set to ON and they might be turning on and off based on outside lighting conditions. So maybe the headlights are on early in the morning but change to DRL's when coming out of the shade or facing the sunrise. At the same time, my fog lights are coming on and off as the lights change from DRL's to regular headlights. I'm still testing this theory as it's hard to replicate those conditions.

"my fog lights are coming on and off as the lights change from DRL's to regular headlights."
That's the likely scenario and next time you can confirm by looking at the dash and see if both night lights and fogs icon shows up on the display or not.

"my fog lights are coming on and off as the lights change from DRL's to regular headlights."
That's the likely scenario and next time you can confirm by looking at the dash and see if both night lights and fogs icon shows up on the display or not.

OK. Now all I have to do is learn what all the lights and symbols mean. My wife drives the car and we've only had it a few weeks. That gives me a good reason to drive her Explorer while she is forced to drive my ( less nice ) Suburban.

yes, but at a lower wattage, Right?
That is the way it was on non LED headlights. I'll have to try and check that with the LED on mine to see if that still holds true.

Peter

OK. Now all I have to do is learn what all the lights and symbols mean. My wife drives the car and we've only had it a few weeks. That gives me a good reason to drive her Explorer while she is forced to drive my ( less nice ) Suburban.
Hate to spoil your fun but the symbols are all listed on pages 95,96 and 97 of the Manual.

Peter

Back