Fog light OPTIONS? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog light OPTIONS?

Hey guys i need some advice!

Im planning on installing Fog lights/driving lights, but i have a small problem.?

On my 95 xlt i have a cooler rack that fit's right between the two headlights. The rack is mounted thru the opening in the bumper, so i cant install lights there!!

So im thinking of installing the new lights in the bumper under the headlights, if this is possible???

Does anyone have pic's showing off what im talking about? I would like to see how the Fog lights under the headlights look first.

Any other options you might have are welcome too.

Thanks

Don

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not really sure if I understand what you mean by a cooler rack, so this idea may not work, but here's how I mounted my PIAA 1500s in the bumper.

Dead Link Removed

I have since moved them to the stock fog light location in the air dam below the bumper. It was pretty easy to do (but I needed to buy the air dam and bracketry). Just another idea.

Yeah that will not work! A cooler rack is what i use for fishing, holds 6 rods and a 50qrt cooler.

Do you know if i can buy a air dam with fog lights already in? Ive seen them, but dont know if they were custom done?!

Thanks

Don

I saw a truck while fishing out on F.I. this weekend with the cooler setup up front he had mounted them on the piece that the cooler sits on

looked pretty cool

Tonedog

Don, the air dams are not custom made. 95 - 98 Explorers came either with or without fog lights. Mine came without them. Yours apparently did too. All you have to do is find a wrecked 95 - 98 Explorer with fog lights and you can swipe the air dam, lights, and brackets off of it. I bought my air dam and brackets from a board member here. It's all Ford factory parts, so it's a direct bolt on.

There are some aftermarket dams out there, but they will be much more expensive than a junkyard or Explorer board member sale.

Hey thanks for that info!

So my only hope is going to a junk yard? I cant order the air dam from Ford or some place else?

Don

ToneDog... u go onto the beach with your truck on LI? so do i... u ever goto sore thumb?

I just picked up a Air dam from a local Ford dealer, now all i need is the Fog lights.

Montauk every year for the past 4 years!

How bout you guys?

Don

Yeah! Mikke I am out there all the time, That's cool now i'll have to be on the lookout for ya! Be nice to meet someone from the board/forum. When are ya usually out there?

Tonedog

Back