• Register Today It's free!

Fog Light or High Beam Memory

nebraskachers

Reaction score
City, State
Sarpy County, Nebraska
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Limited
In FORScan when turning the Bambi mode on it will allow me to run fog lights with high beams which I understand.

However in Lamen's terms could you explain to me what fog light memory or high beam memory does.

Currently when I have my lights set to auto and fog lights activated I can turn off the ignition at night and come back just a little later and my fog lights will still come one with my low beams.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I've never heard of those 'memory' terms. If you turn the fog lights ON, they will always come ON with the low beams until such time as you turn the fog light switch OFF. There is no memory involved.

Peter

I have wondered how to get the fog lights to stay on when I turn on high beams as well (from what I understand that's the jist of your question). If anyone has any info on that it would be great! It's always been a little annoying that it doesn't do that...

Because of the type of switches involved, that do not physically stay in an on or off position, like the headlight switch does, or the hazard light switch, the system would require memory to know whether they're supposed to be on or off.

I have wondered how to get the fog lights to stay on when I turn on high beams as well (from what I understand that's the jist of your question). If anyone has any info on that it would be great! It's always been a little annoying that it doesn't do that...
FYI, it is illegal in some jurisdictions to have both high beams and fog light on at the same time. Also, I don't know if the Forscan spreadsheet linked above would work for a 1999 XLT.

Peter

I have Bambi mode enabled and I can run my brights with fog lights staying on.

I am sorry I am a little confused... What is 'bambi' mode and why is it called that ?

I am sorry I am a little confused... What is 'bambi' mode and why is it called that ?
It is when you have both fogs and high beams on at the same time. Due to the brightness, I believe it refers to the "deer in the headlight" phrase. Personally, I see no need for it.

Peter

Back