Fog light placement ??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog light placement ???

Torqueranger

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ford explorer 5.0l
I picked up a 98 Explorer and the front end was in a accident ..
So the fog light are broken and rusting out ...Also the plastic valance that cover the fog light is gone .. But I want to to keep the fog light but not sure where to mount them and want to see how you guys have them ???
I did try to find a thread about this but came up with nothing ...
I was thinking about using Wrangler fog lights or Hella lights but not sure how legal it will be or will it blind oncoming traffic ???

Thanks
Jay Sr

Replacement valence can be found at Keystone parts cheaply if your interested.

LMC truck sells replacement fog light housings, & I would source a junk yard for stock brackets.

Heck, I would source junkyards for stock everything if that's what your after. :dunno:

For aftermarket lights, there is plenty of threads covering this. Just try different key words in your search criteria. Ebay sells tons of lights at good prices, but my issue with that is you dont' know who to trust or what to trust from that site. Def buyer beware for the most part.

Sounds like your wanting a decent driving light to be used for lower mounting and daily use when needed. I would stay under 55w and low mounting so your not blinding anybody. The lower watt LED lights are the way to go these days, but are more expensive. All depends on what your willing to spend, and what your purpose is.

Anything mounted higher than the lower stock driving light mounts, is going to be treated like high beams. Only use them with no oncoming traffic.

Sorry about long wait for response ... But I have no fog light holes cause that part of the bumper is gone and I am not wasting money on these parts when I can just build myself a nice bumper .. For the time being I was plan on using hella fog lights mounted some way and not sure how yet but working on it ... Right now I only have one fog light hagging on a rusty bracket and the other one rusted off and got ran over so now time for a upgrade...

Back