fog light problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fog light problem

I have a 98 2 door blazer. I recently added some aftermarket fog lights to my truck. I wired up a relay and wired it up to the headlight switch also I added a toggle switch as well. my fog lights worked fine coming on with my headlights till last night. I got out of my truck and my fog lights were still on even with the truck off. I turned off the toggle and they still stayed on. So I unplugged the relay signal wire but they still stayed on. So I finally cut off the power wire to the relay and they went off. could I have a bad relay? thanks for your hep even though its not an explorer!!

mike

If they were working fine before then I waould have to agree with you that the relay went bad.
Now if that relay had been on an Explorer it probably wouldnt have gone bad. Dont ask my why parts are like that. I just report the facts.....

Bill Kemp said:
If they were working fine before then I waould have to agree with you that the relay went bad.
Now if that relay had been on an Explorer it probably wouldnt have gone bad. Dont ask my why parts are like that. I just report the facts.....
Sounds like a grounding problem mounting a relay to a "rock". ;)

yeah yeah give me hell for my blazer but I like it lol I did have a 94 explorer till the motor went on me it never let me down but neither has the blazer either .

Back