Fog light replacement w/ pictures | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog light replacement w/ pictures

tdnews

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
I had a broken fog light (passenger side) and replaced it last weekend. 2015 Explorer Sport. When I initially looked for information on what was involved, it appeared easy but I didn't find any pictures. I may not have searched enough though.

The part number I ordered was 4F9Z-15200-AA Fog Lamp Assembly, Front

Hope these pics help someone.

This is a picture looking up toward the passenger side front corner. The right front inner fender wraps around the bottom of the car, and there are 3 bolts with 8MM sized heads on them. Pull them off, and you can push the inner fender out of the way. In this pic, 2 of the 3 bolts are already removed.
open

WP_20180224_14_47_47_Pro.jpg

WP_20180224_14_48_34_Pro.jpg

The fog light has a connection, push in on the tab, and wiggle it free:
WP_20180224_14_49_53_Pro.jpg

There are 4 hex-head screws, 7MM size. Remove them and the light should come out.
WP_20180224_14_53_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20180224_14_55_27_Pro.jpg

Once the new one is installed, you can adjust the fog light to the same height as the old fog light by using a piece of cardboard and marking the top of the light beam on the old/good one, and adjusting the new one using the adjuster knob on the light. It is the knurled/notched knob right next to the electrical connection.
WP_20180224_15_02_09_Pro.jpg

Hope that helps. This is probably a 30 minute job the first time, and probably 5 minutes after that.

No pictures.

Sorry about that.
Is there no way to link to pictures on Onedrive? When I add the image URL and post, I get a broken URL.

Sorry about that.
Is there no way to link to pictures on Onedrive? When I add the image URL and post, I get a broken URL.
I'm not familiar with that. You will have to find a 3rd party hosting site (not Photobucket) or find out how others have done it. The easiest way is to take out a $20 Elite membership and then you can post directly from your device AND the pictures are saved on the Forum's servers. The fee also helps to support the Forum. Dead Link Removed

Peter

Back