Fog light switch issue on 2010 explorer EB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog light switch issue on 2010 explorer EB

SemiGamer

Reaction score
City, State
South Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer
Hey guys, quick question, my truck has the switch that you pull outwards to turn on the fog lights. However it doesn't turn them on now. But when I unlock the truck with the remote, the fog lights and the parking lights activate like they're suppose to. Which means the lights aren't burnt out and they're indeed getting power. This simply means the switch is bad, right? Everything else works, headlights, parking lights, automatic lights. Just doesn't do anything when I pull it toward me for fogs.

Anyone know where to get a replacement switch and how much they are?
I've got full coverage warranty on my truck but it has a $100 deductible, wondering if I should take it in and pay the $100 or if I can buy it cheaper and put it in myself.
I tried google first but I can only find the switch that doesn't have Automatic lights, and I don't want to buy the wrong one.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When you pulled out the switch for the fog lights, was the engine running?
The fog lights won't work, unless the engine is running.

When you pulled out the switch for the fog lights, was the engine running?
The fog lights won't work, unless the engine is running.
Yes sir engine was running and I also noticed that the little green indicator light on the left side is always on

are the high beams on? Sounds silly, but...
wait, if the indicator light for the fogs is always on, then sounds like the switch

From ford the switch is around $80 and easy to change yourself.

Back