• Register Today It's free!

fog light upgrade

cbx1047

Reaction score
City, State
waikesha, wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 limited
I have a 2011 limited and was wondering if anyone has changed the stock fog H11 bulbs to another type? I read somewhere that a new explorer owner had changed his out to (VisionX 80 watt Xenon premium white) sold at JC Whitney. Said bulbs where blue but burned white, and provided very noticeable increase in light output. I think the wiring will handle increase in watts, but was concerned about buning up the bulb holder or reflector backing. Any thoughts on this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2011 limited and was wondering if anyone has changed the stock fog H11 bulbs to another type? I read somewhere that a new explorer owner had changed his out to (VisionX 80 watt Xenon premium white) sold at JC Whitney. Said bulbs where blue but burned white, and provided very noticeable increase in light output. I think the wiring will handle increase in watts, but was concerned about buning up the bulb holder or reflector backing. Any thoughts on this?
If you wish to use them as intended, then I don't think you really want a brighter light. I think that will defeat the purpose of them. They are NOT intended to be driving lights. In some places it is illegal to drive with them on unless you are in a reduced visibility situation. Darkness does not count here.
There is one member who has LED bulbs he wishes to install but I'm not sure if that has been done yet. LED's are much cooler.

Peter

If you wish to use them as intended, then I don't think you really want a brighter light. I think that will defeat the purpose of them. They are NOT intended to be driving lights. In some places it is illegal to drive with them on unless you are in a reduced visibility situation. Darkness does not count here.
There is one member who has LED bulbs he wishes to install but I'm not sure if that has been done yet. LED's are much cooler.

Peter

I bought the led bulbs. It it has been so damn hot I haven't done it yet

I too would be interested in and LED bulb.

They are out in the driveway in the glovebox. They are the h11 compatable that I bought off ebay. Pretty standard LED bulbs that put out white light. Many of them put out colored light so make sure you get the color you want.

Please post pics after install. Thanks.

-ern

i did a 3k yellow hid kit and i put and i put a yellow overlay film. to protect the lens and give it a yellowish look. They look amazing at night even during the day.

Back