• Register Today It's free!

fog lights blinking??

daffy

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 EB 4x4 4.0 SOHC
Ok, I've got a weird electrical problem that started a few days ago.

When I use my left blinker, or depress my brake pedal, my fog lights illuminate (if the switch is turned on, if the dash switch is off, they don't illuminate), as well as my EATC display, message center, and compass. Right now I cannot remember if my radio display does as well.

EDIT: I went back out and checked, it does not flash in time to the blinker / brake lights.

I should clarify, when left turn signal indicator lights, the interior lights dim while the fog lights illuminate.

When I first noticed the problem, I was thinking MFS, but what would it have to do with the fog lights?

Another clue to this mystery...if I turn my headlight switch on (or the auto lamps kick in) this problem does not appear.

I'm wondering if this is a call-back to my trailer wiring problem I had earlier, when it was shorting out, but I would think it would blow a fuse, or at least smoke some wiring.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Keep in mind that when your headlight high beams are on, your fog lights are normally OFF. That function IS controlled by your MFS. I have heard a lot of strange things that result directly from an MFS that has gone bad or is headed that way. (Noises, smoke, malfunctioning radio display, internal lighting, wipers, windshield washer malfuntions, console computer or lights, or any combination of the above) This could easily be another for the ever-growing list.

Back