Fog Lights Brands | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog Lights Brands

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i recomend "blazer" fog and driving light's! i replaced my stock's with fog's then added driving light's..i also added fog's to my dad's..very good light's and only $16 so cheap to replace at wal-mart

2004-02-14_014.jpg_idshr

I've got Pilot yellow fog, not driving, but fog lights. The light distribution is pretty good but not as good as PIAA but hey, only $19 is a pretty good deal.

DSC02544.jpg

DSC02557.jpg

I wouldnt get projector fog lights unless they are the large type. (PIAA 959 or, just as good, Pilot 704) The smaller lights just dont put out much light.
Rule of thumb....Buy the largest lights that will fit and you can afford.
Hella 450, 550 are good performers. I like Catz but they are priced like PIAA. Never tried Optilux or other Pilots so I cant help there.

Good pics, Billy! Can't go wrong with them $19.99 ones. :)

What size are those lights inside your grille, Kemp? Diameter and thickness?

there is only one brand- piaa

Billy, what kind of bulbs do you have in your clear corners?

hey I had used some Hella Optilux on my probe gt b4.. They were alright...they kinda suck though cuz they burnt out for some reason after bout two months of use....here a pic of my pgt with em
283370_12.jpg

Originally posted by Hartman
Billy, what kind of bulbs do you have in your clear corners?

The corners of the assembly are Blazer 916NB (natural blue) bulbs. I got them at Autozone for $3 a pair. It's a great deal!! The others (3157) are clear. They don't match the Silverstars at all, but it'll do for now until I have more money.

DSC02546.jpg

I put those 916NB in my front map lights. They really give a nice blue/white light and are bright. I am going to get more and repalce all the interior lights with these. Very impressed with them for their price.

Yeah...I love it!!! Here's the pic:

DSC02387.jpg

DSC02388.jpg

I have yet to find one for the cargo area that matches the rest. The ones I've found are painted ones and not natural blue.

For your 3157 bulbs, i think that APC makes some 3157 superwhites, they are a blue/white bulb like the blazer lights. Advance Auto has them for around 10.00. I am ordering a set of them in the 3156 size for my backup lights. I know that PIAA also makes some 3156 and 3157 Xtreme Super White bulbs, here is a link to a company that you can order them from http://store.yahoo.com/rodi/xxx191series1.html

wow those are bright lights on the map lights I also have the Piolt lights and they get the job done but i have them mounted higher up

Has anyone used those hella black Magic lights? If so what do you think.....I think they look pretty sweet black when they aren't operational. But are they as bright when in use?

Never used the Hellas but PIAA had some mirrored lenses and they really cut down the light output. I figured the Hella BM would do the same.
Just depends on what you want them for, light output or looks.

Back