• Register Today It's free!

Fog lights kit , help

Dragoncascabel

Reaction score
City, State
mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2002 4x4 la
I have a kit of fog lights, but I do not understand the last connection of the brown wire and green / black wire,páge 6 someone who has already installed the kit to follow me where I connect those wire, My Ford Explorer 2002 sorry for my bad English
IMG_20210612_215121561.jpg
IMG_20210612_215130276.jpg
IMG_20210612_215137212.jpg

IMG_20210612_215144516.jpg

IMG_20210612_215151688.jpg

IMG_20210612_215202181.jpg

IMG_20210612_215208329.jpg

IMG_20210612_215217838.jpg

IMG_20210614_215049069.jpg

IMG_20210612_215233294.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its telling you to find the headlight switch power wire in the main harness. most factory fog lights will come on and off automatically with the headlights and go off with the highbeams. you have to open the harness wite pack in an accessible location find the wire color its referring too. you should also have a meter as shown in the instructions to verify you have the correct wire.

le está diciendo que busque el cable de alimentación del interruptor de los faros en el arnés principal. la mayoría de las luces antiniebla de fábrica se encienden y apagan automáticamente con los faros y se apagan con las luces altas. tiene que abrir el paquete del arnés en un lugar accesible para encontrar el color del cable al que se refiere también. también debe tener un medidor como se muestra en las instrucciones para verificar que tiene el cable correcto

te está diciendo que encuentres el cable de alimentación del interruptor de los faros en el arnés principal. la mayoría de las luces antiniebla de fábrica se encienden y apagan automáticamente con los faros y se apagan con las luces altas. tiene que abrir el paquete del arnés en un lugar accesible para encontrar el color del cable al que se refiere también. también debe tener un medidor como se muestra en las instrucciones para verificar que tiene el cable correcto.
Would you be so kind to tell me which is the 20-pin harness and which is the main one,

its telling you to find the headlight switch power wire in the main harness. most factory fog lights will come on and off automatically with the headlights and go off with the highbeams. you have to open the harness wite pack in an accessible location find the wire color its referring too. you should also have a meter as shown in the instructions to verify you have the correct wire.

Would you be so kind to tell me which is the 20-pin harness and which is the main one, maybe you can give me a photo or the location to know how it is, it certainly has to be the same color as the installation cables, brown with brown, green / black with green / black, or in the main harness it is different, I already opened the switch and there is a brown but it is flashing lights not low lights ,my truck is a 2002 explorer, maybe you have the same one, I will be very grateful, and sorry for not knowing anything about it

Is this the main harness? Where should I look, I found this photo on the internet

D_814548-MLM31076915886_062019-O.jpg

another photo from another place seems to be the right model

Screenshot_20210616-154400.png

no offense meant but wiring electrical connections in a vehicle can go south quickly do you not have anyone who can physically come help you figure out the instructions? if you wire something incorrectly you can have things hooked up to things its not supposed to be. this can lead to a things not working properly anymore or worst case a fire. the instructions are specifically telling you the headlight switch. there is an interior harness and engine bay harness. the instructions are telling you to find the plug for the headlight switch and find the appropriate wire in the harness from the headlight plug for the headlight switch

Back