Adding Fog Lights on Base Pre 2016 Model | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding Fog Lights on Base Pre 2016 Model

Thanks for sharing, nice job. I bought the same ones today. Any advice on how to secure the light into the light well?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just an observation. You bought driving lights, not fog lights. They have a narrow beam that points straight down the road (same as headlights), unlike fog lights with a wide beam lighting the road right in front of the car and sides to some extent.

Hi, did you finish wiring them ?
Im stuck
I got OEM replacement fogs and the OEM switch with the fog button, but I need the wiring diagram, please help asap.
Thanks.
Andy.

Im stuck, got everything, the oem fogs, the oem switch, made the holes on the bumper... but I need the wiring diagram.... help

Got them installed, but I still need the wiring diagram, anyone has it by any chance ?

20120525_144036.jpg

Please help, there sholuld be a wire going to the fuse box and then to the OEM switch, I cant find this cable, im still stuck

Anyone else have further information on this?

Fog lights were the only option tat I liked about the XLT, but could not justify the added cost of the other items that I did not want/need.

I havent been able to find the wiring diagram, theyre still not powered, just installed. :(

The original poster said he wired his to the amber parking lamps, so no wiring diagram really needed. Though perhaps your bulbs are drawing more power and that won't work?

The plastic cut out looks really good,nice work. i did the same thing in my Base model 2012 Explorer too taking it to the Best Buy Geeks, the guy made the cut nasty and it looks terrible now. I bought stock looking fog lamps(a pair) from ebay for $59 which included a switch and the entire wiring with fuse etc. Best Buy Geeks charged me $220 for installation including screws and stuff. I also had to buy stock Brackets from Ford dealer for mounting the lamps. I actually wanted to buy XLT headlight switch too but i already spent $300 so didn't want to spend more. the wiring and switch placement everything looks professional except for the idiot's plastic cut which now looks cheap. Also i am not happy with the light output which barely gives out any light, i think i need to change the bulbs now to a higher wattage, and also its focusing right in front of the car and making it useless. How did you do the fog lamp wiring in your car and what switch did you use? Also any ideas to adjust the focus the fog lamp in 2012 Explorer?

Razziel24 - Have you got the wiring diagram yet? i recently installed the fog lights to my Base Explorer. I bought it from ebay, it came with the lamps, switch and wiring, for $59. It exactly looks like factory. I also bought a pair of stock brackets($54) from a ford dealer, and got it installed by Best Buy Geeks, the wiring and installation was very professional, though i am not satisfied with the switch that came along(I wanted the XLT stock switch,but didn't want to spend extra money). but the cut in the bumper got nasty as the best buy person didn't cut it well and it looks terrible now. Also i can barely see the light from the fog lamp as it is too dim and is focused right in front of the car which makes the whole unit uselss. Is there any way to adjust the fog light focus? Thanks.

2013 Explorer Base Fog Lights Install

Does anyone know or have a video or images on how to install fog lights on 2013 Explorer base?

the dealer wanted to charge me $399 for the lights not including labor.. Crazy! So i am sure i can fine the fog lights for a better price. but i need some help with the install and also how to pop out the cover where i am going to put the switch which located in the left side of the driver where they have empty buttons for accessories..

Any ideas? or a step by step would a lot of help

Hello All,

I have a 2012 Ford Explorer Base model which does not come with Fog Lights - and I want them

I can by the lights off eBay no problem, but will there be a problem installing them??
What I am asking is, is the main wiring loom already there in the car for me to plug into?? If not, what to do??

Also, is there a tutorial (sticky) for installing the fog lights

Thanks

Yes, that kit in ebay works 100% well. I have a 2012 base explorer. i bought the same kit, but from a different seller i believe, and got it installed by the Best Buy geeks. Works good, its been more than a year now, no complaints yet, be very careful when you cut the hole on the bumper, measure the exact outline of the fog lamp and cut accordingly, otherwise it will look ugly, that happened to me, the best buy guy messed up one side hole. That lamp is the exactly replica of the original ford fog lamp. so nothing to worry.

oh and one more thing, don't forget to buy the lamp holding clamps, both left side and right side, you can get it from any ford dealership, go to ford website and search the lamp diagram, there you can get the part number. the e bay kit doesn't come with the fitting clamps.

FogLights

I am trying to do the same thing and finding the headlight switch is my biggest problem. Did you get the fog lights in? Any words or advice on installing them.

I am trying to do the same thing and finding the headlight switch is my biggest problem. Did you get the fog lights in? Any words or advice on installing them.
Welcome to the Forum Cole3313.:wavey:
As indicated in my PM, I have merged the thread you posted in with this existing one. The member who posted in posts 63 & 64 above seems to have found the OEM switch. Good luck with your project.:thumbsup:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey guys did you get your fogs working ? I havent had the time to keep looking, so i have everything installed as I stated before, even the XLT oem switch with the fogs button, but no wiring

Back