• Register Today It's free!

fog lights

VICIII

Reaction score
City, State
east central FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Ok I can not figure out how to turn on my fog lights.
My 97 sport 4x4 xlt had a switch on the turn signal

I have a 97 XLT now and Just realized that the fog lights are not working with the lights and also noticed that the switch on the turn signal is not there. I can't figure out how to turn them on. I tried the light switch and pull and pushed but nothing...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there not a switch for the fog lights on the plastic trim surrounding the radio ( on the passenfer side of the radio )?

Ok... My son hung a little "Good Luck" art project on the rear wiper switch and I forgot it was underneath the "Good Luck"...
:confused:
Thank you for this.... Holidays were tough....

I presume you mean the front fog lights?- they have no switch for themselves, they turn on with full beam, try it and go and have a look..........................I would prefer to have an independent switch and intend to make one up for my Northface, there are a few people who have done that mod here.

I presume you mean the front fog lights?- they have no switch for themselves, they turn on with full beam, try it and go and have a look..........................I would prefer to have an independent switch and intend to make one up for my Northface, there are a few people who have done that mod here.

Umm, yeah they do have a seperate switch. It's on the stereo bezel, right side, below the rear window defrost button. If yours doesn't have the switch, they didn't come with the vehicle from the factory and someone added them later.

Seen here next to the #6 button, on the stereo, below the rear window defrost button.
546944.jpg

-Joe

I found it...
:confused: I had a small craft hanging from the rear wiper knob that my kid did and forgot about it. then My son said how do you put on those small lights up front and I could not remember for the life of me...
Thanks for your reply.

Maybe he can make you one that says "fog lights here" :D

(sorry, had to!)

I should get a lot more than that...:thumbsup:

Hey- if it was that easy for me to fix some of my problems, life would be so much easier!

Ok- Group buy from VicIII's boy for craft signs:

Choose from:

"Fog lights here"
"Rear defrost here"
"Read your codes"

How much? :D We can make him a very rich kid... lol!

Back