Fog Lights

gatorrich

Reaction score
City, State
Titusville FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Sport Trac XLT
Howdy all.

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I asked this on the other trac site but keep getting vague not very detailed answers. I also would like to hook this up stock, not rigged.

My 04 XLT didn't come with fogs so I bought a set off of Ebay. I also went to the junk yard and pulled a head light switch that has the fog light option and I took the fog light pig tails off the front.

I have the switch and the fogs installed.

Now what?

I was hoping I could tie in to the existing harness where the lights are. Also, when I put in the new switch, it looks like the head light pig tail that plugs in to the switch already has the fog connectors on it. Which would be nice so I wouldn't have to run wire to the switch.

Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

I've heard the '03-up's are pre-wired for the fogs but nobody seems to want to confirm/deny this. My '02 was not pre-wired. I added the lights myself, including making a stand alone harness. Also the '01-'02 fog switch is on the radio/HVAC bezel so other than info from the manual I have nothing to go on to help you. Have you found any unused harnesses in the fog light/radiator support area? I'll be happy to assist you in any way I can.

Gonna lube up my shock bolts in preparation for taking them off tomorrow so I'll have a look at my '04's harnesses and see if I can shed any light on it for you.

I traced my fog light wiring just now. The right side runs up and into a larger harness under the hood just sorta under the air box in the rad saddle. Left side runs up shorter into a larger harness sorta behind the headlight just where the RHS anti lock wiring runs in, also in the rad saddle. From there it runs to the battery junction box beside the under-hood fuse box in an '04. In the rad saddle, I saw not other unused wiring on either side, so if you have some, that might be it.

Back