Fog Lights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog Lights?

Welp im kinda new to the board but im looking for help... i am looking to replace my stock fog lights on my 2001 ford explorer... anyone out there know any co's and model #'s of lights that will fit in place of the stock fogs? im looking for more light and that nice blue look? thanks...

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome aboard Mikke!! I'm sure you'll find just about anything you want to know about Explorers right here! Enjoy your stay!!

Now on to your question. You're in luck: mattadams is still conducting his PIAA group purchase. Check it out:
Dead Link Removed
PIAA makes a light that Matt says will fit in the 2001 stock location (the 910 Series, I think). Check them out on PIAA website here: Dead Link Removed
I'm sorry that's all I have for you, but the PIAAs are the only ones that I have read about here that will fit nicely in the stock location. Maybe Matt or someone else will see this and help to and add more to this.

Hi Mikke, Welcome to the site!! We hope you enjoy your stay. I have a 2001 that has aftermarket fogs in it. I put a set of KC series 50 fogs in mine. I had to drill one hole underneath each bumper to mount them, but they fit pretty nicely. They are on in the pix next to my name or at Dead Link Removed

Originally posted by JDraper
Hi Mikke, Welcome to the site!! We hope you enjoy your stay. I have a 2001 that has aftermarket fogs in it. I put a set of KC series 50 fogs in mine. I had to drill one hole underneath each bumper to mount them, but they fit pretty nicely. They are on in the pix next to my name or at Dead Link Removed

Hey, did they work with the factory wires? how much were they? hard to install? any info ya can give me would help... thanks :eek:

Mike

My '00 took 9006 bulbs in the fog lights. I left them stock and bought PIAA Super Whites. Heck of a difference.

Originally posted by ACBlessing
My '00 took 9006 bulbs in the fog lights. I left them stock and bought PIAA Super Whites. Heck of a difference.

See the prob I have is a rock hit one of my foglights... and it broke into a million pieces... so rather then spend $100 at ford to buy a new foglight.. I would rather upgrade and get better ones...

Mike

My '01 didn't come with factory fogs, just plugs in the holes. I had to run my own wiring, but there is no reason why the factory wiring wouldn't work. You will probably have to splice the wires, but that's easy. The nice thing about the KC lights is that they have a 23 year unconditional guarantee. Rock break em?? KC replaces!!!:D They cost me 95.69 from Summit Racing for the kit (wiring, switches, lights) Summit's part # is KCC-487. You have to order them over the phone, the # isn't in their on line catalog. Took me about 3 weeks to get them 'cause they were special order. I love 'em!!

Back