• Register Today It's free!

fog lights

Jasonisgood87

Reaction score
City, State
long beach ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer
im planing on installing fog lights on my truck that did not come with any but i have only seen fog lights with a chrome trim housing around them, i rhino lined the bumpers and all around the bottom of my truck so as you can imagne i dont want a big gaudy chrome piece on my rhino lined bumper, can i just install the actual fog light without the trim piece or is it one whole thing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks for the input but i knida want to keep it looking like factory-ish, im planing on getting a brush guard and safari basket to mount a bunch more lights later on tho.

on my 00 5.0, i plasti dipped (basically same as rhino lined) the bumper AND the chrome trim around the light.. so all the chrome is now black.. looks pretty good
so i would try painting yours as well!

i am not sure. Mine came with the fogs already in and then i just taped off the lens of the light and painted everything else. ill snap a pic tomorrow when its light it to show you.. but i would think it will look like you want it to because i think you just mount them in the holes in your bumper

I have a set of stock '98 fogs with the housings, if anybody needs 'em.

Chef Duane

Chef Duane. price of 98 lights. without housing

I believe the chrome trim was an option, you could still get fogs without them. Just get the fog lamp assembly from Rock Auto, or where ever you want, and they should bolt up and work, unless you Ex did not have factory fogs, then you will have to do some wiring, but that is really easy. You may have to get some bolts and U-bolts from the hardware store to attach them to the bumper, but other then that it is really easy. I did it over the summer on my '96, different bumper, but same concept, and I am pretty sure same mounting procedure.

Back