• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Food Lovers Of The Forum, Unite!!!

SoBeLover

Explorer Babe Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
Reading Michael's (swak6287) wife's food blog has given me a great idea. Why don't we share our favorite recipes with each other.

I'd love to post my favorite recipe for an Indian lamb curry, but the CD on which I've saved all of my recipes has been misplaced. But I do have a recipe or two I can share.

Here are a couple that use your slow cooker instead of your oven. Great for those hot days where you don't want to heat up your kitchen.

Here's a quick and easy lasagna recipe

SLOW COOKER LASAGNA
4 pounds ground chuck
4 (28oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
32 lasagna noodles
3 (15oz.) cottage cheese
4 t. dried Italian seasoning
11/3 cups water
4 (4oz.) cans of mushrooms
6 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Cook beef and Italian seasoning in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles; drain. Combine spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, seasoned meat and water in bowl. Layer thinly in bottom of lightly greased 6 -quart electric slow cooker: 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, sauce mixture, cottage cheese & mozzarella cheese. Repeat for each layer (approx 8 total layers). Cover & cook on high setting for 1 hour; reduce heat & cook on low setting for 5 hours. Can do ahead and store in fridge!! Yields 16 Servings

And here's one for one of my favorite deserts

SLOW COOKER RICE PUDDING

4 eggs, beaten
1 qt. milk, scalded
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2/3 c. chopped dates or raisins
3 to 3 1/2 c. rice, cooked

In slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover. Cook at high setting for 2 hours. Stir after 1 hour. Reduce temperature to keep warm for serving or chill in refrigerator and serve cold. Serve with light cream or top with whipped cream, if desired.

Makes 10 to 12 servings.

I really love Jamaican cooking so I'm a subscriber to a Jamaican food site and get newletters with great recipes. My favorite is Curried Goat

Here it is courtesy of www.jamaican-recipes.com

CURRY GOAT
3 lb. Goat Meat (cut up in bite size pieces)
1 Large Onion (chopped)
2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper (chopped and seeded)
4 oz. Jamaican Curry Powder
1 oz. Cooking Oil
1 oz. Ground Black Pepper
2 tbsp. Salt
4 sprig. Thyme
1/2 oz. Vinegar
6 Pimento Seeds (Allspice)

Method:
Wash goat meat with vinegar and water. Rub in all the season with goat meat and let it sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Remove the meat from the refrigerator and then remove the seasoning from the goat meat.
In a saucepan, heat the oil on high until it smells. Add 1 oz. curry powder to the hot oil. Stir curry powder in oil until the color starts to change.
Put the goat meat in the saucepan now. Stir the meat in the hot oil for two minutes; be careful not to burn the meat.
Add 1 oz. water to the pot, keep stirring until the meat looks like the muscles are tightening up.
Now turn down the heat to medium and add 2 cups of water to the meat in the saucepan. Cover the pot and let this stew simmer for 20 minutes. Check on the meat in the pot, stir again and add water to cover the meat.
Simmer for another 20 minutes, and then check to see if the meat is medium soft.
If it is so, add the seasoning you removed earlier to the pot. Let the stew simmer for another 15 minutes on a slightly lower heat (between medium and low).
Note : Although this is a stew, it should not be dominated by watery type gravy. You should make this stew cook until most of the water is evaporated, and let the fat from the goat flavor the stew.

It takes practice and trial and error sometimes to get a perfect Curry Goat, so don’t give up on your first try.

Serve with rice.

Hope to see lots of recipes for all to enjoy

Happy eating!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jad2411

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
El Paso, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Brown eb
3 cheese manicotti

Ingredients:
1 box of Manicotti (14 pieces IIRC)
1 bag of Motzarela cheese (8oz)
1 bag of Parmessan cheese (8oz)
250gr of Ricotta cheese
1 bottle of ragu
Italian spices

You mix in a bowl the 90% of the motzarella cheese, the whole amount of ricotta, and parmesan to your liking (it has a strong flavor) and the italian spices.
At the same time you have water boiling, enough to cover the Manicotti, once it starts to boil, drop the Manicotti in and leave it there for ~6-7mins.

On a pirex (rectangular works best) pour some ragu sauce, then stuff the Manicotti with the cheese mix and put them of them on top of the sauce, once you have all of them there, pour some more ragu on top, then sprinkle on top the remaining Motzarella and some of the Parmessan; cover the pirex in aluminum foil and put in the oven at 350º for ~40 min, then take the aluminum foil off and leave it there in the oven until the cheese starts to brown.

You can add olives to the ragu sauce, mushrooms, etc...

Hope you like it

Tonka1

Reaction score
Chicken Enchiladas

4 chicken breasts

1 16 oz sour cream

1 lg can green chili enchilada sauce

2 16 oz bags cheddar cheese

1 package tortillas soft taco size

Cube chicken into small pieces, brown in frying pan, with granulated garlic, salt and pepper (to taste).

Combined sour cream, and enchilada sauce in lg bowl, mix well.

In a 13x9 baking pan spoon a little of the sauce into the bottom of the pan, just enough to coat the pan.

place 1 tortilla in the pan and fill with chicken, sauce, and a little cheese, then roll up and repeat......

Once pan is full spoon the rest of the sauce over the top of the enchiladas and cover with cheese.

bake@ 350 for about 45-60 min or until the cheese is golden brown on top

Serve with mexican rice and beans.....mmmmmm so good!

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
dang u guys r making me hungry right now. But those are good recipes so far let see what else people post.

jad2411

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
El Paso, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Brown eb
Where's your recipe Sam?

snoborder42

Reaction score
City, State
Maple Valley/Downtown Seattle, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT 4x4
Ahh now I'm gonna have to go dig through some good recipes that I have and dig them out of my brain... Being a professional cook, I've got a lot of them and the cuts/scars/burns to prove it... Anybody wants to know any kitchen related stuff I'm sure I can probably help out... :)