Foo's Evil Plans... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Foo's Evil Plans...

Let me start off by saying, "Oh god this is gonna cost so, so much!". These plans will be employed for atleast two years becuase I am a poor lol. But here's my plans for a decent machine.. I'll try to ask questions in this thread and keep everything confined. Feel free to suggest stuff openly I want to hear opinions.

-Get dual program apten chip (Done)
-75mm MAS
-BBK 66mm Throttle Body
-JBA Chrome Headers
-Spark Plugs + Wires
-Inline Fuel Pump(?), Injectors(?)
-EE Sway Bars + Poly bushings
-Polished/Ported(?) Heads
-410 Grind Camshaft
-Zex 75 Shot + Purge kit (Done)
Valentine One (Done, went cobra ESD 9570CS)
Get rid of heavy subs....(Done)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmmm, sounds familiar.

Though if I were to do it over again, I'd have probably found a way to buy a fast street car and an offroader.

While modifying the X that much was a lot of fun, it just let to snowballing problems. Not the least of which is the tranny. If you're going to start on this road, you need to think about a tranny swap.

Or get a 5.0 X to play with. Cheaper and easier to mod, and stronger components.

Originally posted by Alec
Hmmmm, sounds familiar.

Though if I were to do it over again, I'd have probably found a way to buy a fast street car and an offroader.

While modifying the X that much was a lot of fun, it just let to snowballing problems. Not the least of which is the tranny. If you're going to start on this road, you need to think about a tranny swap.

Or get a 5.0 X to play with. Cheaper and easier to mod, and stronger components.

Eh if I wanted a fast street car I'de take 6k and splurge for an LT1 beast. Oh I'm definetly taking this transmission to the graveyard even though it's had not a problem since I got it here (family owned).

What size injectors did you run and what boost ?

I've also decided to not take it off-road unless I have to.
But I still want some fun in the snow ;)

My goal is also 275 at the wheels... maybe un-realistic but possible. The last chance move I would do is a cam and valvetrain upgrade becuase I just don't have the tools for a cam swap.

I was running stock injectors and about 6-7# max boost. I had plans for 24# injectors, 80mm MAS, and worked heads with lower compression, but ended up selling the truck and the parts.

I was running about 235 rwhp. 275 is easy with nitrous, but not without. Cam, heads, valvetrain, etc. Then you have to worry about the flywheel, tranny, and tcase holding it. Front diff too.

And it's gonna be more than 6k. Also think about the money you may lose with resale (I lost about 3000).

i have to say that my 4.0 ranger has a vortech with like 10 pounds, with 42# injectors, MSD Dis4, jba headers, exhaust, 80mm pro-m. it made 255 before the back tire and with out the dis4 it only made 244. with a intercooler it would make about 30 more hp. this could be obtained easly.

Originally posted by Foo

I've also decided to not take it off-road unless I have to.
But I still want some fun in the snow ;)

I definetley took it off-road yesterday :D I couldn't help myself. Got mud all in my passenger seat which serves me right for leaving the sun-roof open and scratched the crap outta my tip. But all in the same day I smoked a '01 Eclipse GTS spyder, god I love this thing!

Just an update on the Eaton, my friend was going to get one for me for an ultra low price some how (probably stolen) but his forumla firebird got stolen so I kinda wait on that to get back here becuase it was found in Hickory, NC minus the radar detector, HU, and speakers. :(

after looking at what you want to do agian i think you will definatly need to go with a difrent blower then what you have listed that is kinda small and you definatly should get a intercooler.

Well, I'm still poor.

What do you guys think I should go for next the MAF or TB? I'm thinking the TB.
Also my the guy I know with the eaton said he didn't have it anymore (DAMNIT)
And I still haven't managed to get rid of my subs locally.

Well I'm back on my feet, I have a radar detector now, sometime this week I'm getting rid of the subs and I'm looking heavily into nitrous right now. The zex kits look mighty appealing but I don't like how they are wired to open at full throttle so I'm undecided.

You dont have to hook it up that way. You can always just run it on a momentary on/off switch instead of the wot switch.

james t said:
You dont have to hook it up that way. You can always just run it on a momentary on/off switch instead of the wot switch.

Really? does it come with the switch/push-button?

Cant remember. Either way Radio Shack will have one.

Still heavily shopping on nitrous, I found out the zex kit has both the TPS detection to open at WOT and an arming switch so I have decided on that.

I've also decided theres no reasonable way I will be able to afford the knight adaptor kit so forced induction is out of the question for now so major plan editing has gone into effect and it looks like I will be going for a cam soon also.

Now looking at 275 @ the fly with a heavy shot.

Small update: Orderd a new apten flip chip - (93 performance - 93 + 75 Shot) , still trying to sell these damn subs! I have the money for the nitrous right now but I have made myself sell the subs first :(

just curious but how much is the full nitrous system going to run you?

$508.00 from Summit brand new, excluding shipping.

But I'm currently browsing ebay for a system. Still trying to get these damn subs out.. everytime I have a buyer they back out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back